Best Car I've ever owned
By aquilank on
2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)
My main features: Noise and MPG. Almost no wind noise, very little road noise, and slightly more engine noise. Quieter than my 1995 Lexus ES 300, yet not nearly as quiet as the 2007 ES 350 I test drove. Best mpg in its class (compact luxury vehicles). I routinely get 26+ mpg on the freeway and 20-23 in town. It has tighter German suspension than the US and Japanese cars I've been driving and it accelerates smoothly and quickly. All in all, its the most fun car I've ever driven. I actually go out of my way to find longer routes because I enjoy driving it so much. Cons: $200 for 1 key, $2000 to use the installed phone, $500 to hook up my ipod. Ridiculous! Even Cobalt has this free.
Favorite Features
Exhilarating drive, reasonably quiet, looks great, inside and out, great mpg for a compact luxury car (one of the best in its class).
Suggested Improvements
MB rips you off on the proprietary aspects! $200 for 1 extra key, costs $2000 to use the phone features, $500 just to hook up your ipod. This stuff is standard on even the cheapest cars being built currently. Dealer repairs are extremely expensive.