2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Awesome Buy
By MAC on 07/07/05 01:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car is an absolute blast. It blows the C240 away. If you are looking for something that is reasonably quick yet cheap, this is your car. However, maintenance is quite expensive. Just went through the first oil change, $65! The thing requires Mobil 1 SuperSyn 0W- 40 and there are only a couple of places you can buy that. Approximate cost is $7.50 a quart. Other than that, enjoy.

Almost there
By nice! on 07/06/05 13:49 PM (PDT)

I kept going back to the MB dealership to stare at it. Almost bought the 2006 BMW 3, which is frankly a better car. But the 230k just looked so great in Mars red, I couldn't resist. And while it has been the head- turner I thought it would be, ther are some issues. The paint chips very easily. The trunk lid has a wide gap and looks not fully closed at all times. The cruise control fob is badly located, and I keep trying to use it as for directional signal. The radio difficult to read in sunlight. The powerseats are sub standard. It already needs to have some work done on window insulation. It's slightly underpowered. All that being said, I'd buy it again. Sexy outside, sleek inside and a relatively good value.

A Great "Baby Benz"
By S Penn on 07/05/05 09:00 AM (PDT)

It has the crisp, tight, precise driving that one can only enjoy from a Mercedes Benz. I have owned many bigger and more powerful Mercedes, yet the C230 Kompressor is an absolute pleasure to drive. It's quick, responsive, and still gives the driver the confidence of a well built, secure vehicle.

Proud Owner
By Carol Woo on 06/27/05 16:58 PM (PDT)

The exterior is sophistocated, sporty, classy, and compact. The raised rear gives it a feeling of perpetural motion even when parked. My car is black, so the "shine" factor is ever present. The light bouncing off of it is a truly beautiful sight. Seats are firmer than I would like, but the front seats have sheep skin covers so that helps.

Love my car
By jwlk0727 on 06/25/05 09:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car somewhat relunctantly, because "the car guys" were not really enthusiastic about it. I think that they're wrong. I traded a 2000 Audi A4 1.8TQ for this car, and I think that it's just as good if not better than the Audi. It's quiet with a smooth ride, and I love all the standard features. I got a good deal on the car, and I think that it's a great value for the money. I love my new car.

A great little car
By Robert D. Frank on 06/21/05 17:24 PM (PDT)

I eagerly awaited the arrival of this car as I made my selection while it was on the ship. I have not been disappointed. It handles well, has superb performance, and gets 29.5/30 mpg on the highway. I love the way it drives, the way it looks, and the compliments I receive from friends. The longest trip I have taken was over 7 hours on some rough back roads and it was a comfortable trip. The workmanship is excellent, with not one problem to report after 8,000 miles. It is one of the best car buying decisions I have made in my 47 years of buying cars.

The Real Deal
By Jayrock on 06/19/05 11:03 AM (PDT)

The classy/sporty combination this car boasts is unequalled in today's market. She handles remarkably well at any speed and is quite responsive when asked to politely grace the left lane. I can't keep from peeking back at the sporty, low-profile appeal she exudes inside and out. Soft leather, multiple steering wheel controls, and premium sound will keep this Benz in my garage for a long time. This entire purchase, from the test drive to the daily drive home from work has been the real deal!

A Solid Sedan
By FSL on 06/14/05 20:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I traded my 2000 SLK 230 for this car, and I don't miss my old roadster. Handling is awesome and impressive-- better than my SLK. This car is solid Mercedes all around and feels like one of the more expensive models. I had the 230 Sport loaned to me one day and it doesn't even come close to my car in performance--the 320 is a better package. The quality is superb and I find it more fun to drive than my Dad's new E500. The car turns heads and the design is sexy. Interior design is great, but can use more room in the back seat. No complaints so far, except, I could use a little more power when I punch the gas at the stop light... One day I'll upgrade to an AMG model!

Fun to Drive
By Dan on 06/12/05 07:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

One of the best vehicles I've owned. I've owned 3 Infiniti's and the Mercedez is the best by far. It's overall handling and performance makes it tops in my book.

My amazing baby Benz
By DARLENA on 06/11/05 14:25 PM (PDT)

She is sporty. She is safe, and she is the best car I have ever owned. I love the silver in front. My seats are comfortable and I believe she drives herself. I have never been happier.