Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Great used car!
By 34 yo father of 3

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Compared to a used 2004 2D BMW 325Ci 5- speed coupe with similar mileage and my previous 4D BMW 325i auto -- the MB wins hands down: more elegant and classy, while almost as sporty and peppy. Ride is smooth and quiet. Seats are very comfortable for a family of 4. Mileage is terrific considering performance. Put side-by-side, the MB is much more of a head-turner than the BMW. No regrets so far!

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior appearance superior to BMW. Peppy plant at gears 2+, smooth shifter, steering controls, low road noise

Suggested Improvements

Could use more pep off the line. Nimble but less so than BMW

Will buy another one for my hubby!
By ppbw123

This is the first MB I've owned. I've enjoyed every minute and every situation of driving this car. Now that the snow tires are put on, the MB winter driving proved much fun and saver than my other 'light-weight' car in the house!

Favorite Features

Feeling safe, stable on high-speed and long distance driving, good gas mileage. Easy on wintery conditions with snow tires on.

Suggested Improvements

It took me a while to figure out how to handle the snow season and snow tire purchasing. Will be helpful for the east coast (say, like Boston) customer if MB can provide a detailed instructions on how to prepare the snow season.

By Mongoose777

I compared this car to the BMW 3 series and found it to be a better all around car. I almost bought the 2006 model with v6 motor, but wanted the supercharged 4L with better gas mileage. This car is truly a fun car to drive. I know its not MB top of the line, but my car came with the H/K sound system, NAV,Xenon lights,Tel-Aid phone,Powered driver seat,17" chrome wheels etc. etc.. It's nice to know that I get the same extra amenities that the bigger (more expensive) upper models get, but at a fraction of the cost.

Favorite Features

The overall power for a 4 cyl is just amazing to me. The Nav and H/K sound system are a major plus for me.

Suggested Improvements

The temp control knobs, a/c vents, and window buttons appear of very cheap quality. The cup holder, when popped out to make two holders, appear as cheap plastic as well. I feel as some point in the near future, I will have to replace these items due to the cheap quality.

Diamond Black C55
By mizutiger

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle has surpassed my expectations. I had two M3's before this car. I miss the exterior design of the M3, but nothing else. This car's interior is first rate. The stereo is first rate (unlike the M3 it can handle bass). The ride is nicer than the M3 as well. I understand they cancelled the C55. I guess they couldn't fit the 6.3 litre motor in the compartment. Its a shame because I think this is a perfect small sports sedan. One of the best I have driven.

Favorite Features

Motor, stereo, the amber night light, exposed stitching on leather. Oh, and the motor!

Suggested Improvements

Make the C55 look different from the ordinary C class. Make the exterior design more aggressive. Other than the exterior styling, this car smokes the M3 in every way. Oh, and put better looking wheels on. I switched mine.

My present ride
By standingfire

This car is most enjoyable. While there are some detractors, the flat four with supercharger is a nice plant. I have pushed 35 mpg on the highway at somewhere above 70 mph. The car shifts very smoothly and cleanly. A very nice car.

Favorite Features

The computer and the little tweaks for the comforts. The radio controls on the wheel and the six speed manual is quick and smooth