2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Over rated
By RWM on 10/23/05 12:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I purchased the C230 Sport Coupe to replace a 2000 Mitsu Eclipse. Big mistake. The Benz has a pretty face, but is a dog to drive. With a slow- shifting transmission and poor cornering,the fun-to-drive factor is on a par with an inexpensive Japanese or Korean car. Quality is a concern also, with problems with the SRS system; alignment; rattles etc. Last week I cut my losses and traded for a 2005 Honda S2000, which is getting about the same mileage. With the car being over-rated and over-priced, I wouldn't recommend a Benz to anyone at this point!

Too fun to drive!
By Rami on 10/21/05 12:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Ive had my 05 C230 Sport Sedan for about 2 months now and I can't tell you how impressed I am with her. She is sexy, sleek and women love the car! I have about 3k on the car, and it hasn't given me a single problem to complain about. Gas mileage is great, especially because I'm a student. The car handles amazing. My brother just got a 2005 Honda S2000 for about the same price as mine, and its not nearly as pratical and 20 times sportier, but the C230 is just as fun to drive. It's the best entry level luxury/sport sedan for me. I got a better price on her then the 325 or the a4, plus everyother person out there has a BMW or Audi. For 30g's my money is more than well spent.

A beautifully smooth ride!
By mrsnetpro on 10/17/05 10:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Wagon (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

Perhaps it's the Michelin tires on the car, but this has to be one of the smoothest riding cars we have owned. The only drawback, if you want to call it that, is the acceleration. Once it's moving though, it's easy to find yourself doing 90. For comparative purposes I drove the sedan, and the two ride completely different. I can't see spending another $20,000 to get the E class wagon, simply to get more speed. I doubt it could be more comfortable that this one. The gas mileage is good and will only improve once it's broken in.

C320 4Matic
By cdrscee on 10/02/05 02:38 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is every bit a Mercedes. It may be the entry level but it lacks nothing in handling, luxury or safety and fit. You pull up next to a Cadillac and you know why you chose Mercedes.

Buy Stock in a Tire Company
By Jack on 09/29/05 12:03 PM (PDT)

My 2005 MB c230 Kompressor so far has been a pretty big disappointment. It only has 16K on it and I've already had to buy three (3) sets of tires. It chews them up like cheap candy. The dealer has done 2 alignments already and multiple tire balances. The road noise is horrific after only a few thousand miles on each new set. The dealer has NOT been helpful. I try to drive as conservatively as possible but it still chews the tires up. I'm considering going back to a BMW. The MB is a nice car but I can't afford to keep buying tires like this. My dealer has been ZERO help. MB has not returned my calls or letters. Guess its time for an attorney. Buyer Beware.

Awesome Car-Mercedes C320 4-Matic '05
By WhiteSox on 09/21/05 15:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had driven this car for over 10,000 miles now and this car is fun to drive, responsive and best of all, I get about 24 miles per gallon. On rainy days, I felt that I am much more in control with the 4-Matic and would get another Mercedes for my next car.

Benz
By Gerard on 09/21/05 15:29 PM (PDT)

I bought this car because it was the only stick shift they had on the lot. I have not been disappointed. The ride is excellent, and it is simply fun to drive. It gets incredible gas mileage (compared to the Trailblazer I traded). I am looking forward to purchasing one for my wife when it is time to trade her car.

Wouldn't Buy Another MB
By fra on 09/04/05 16:43 PM (PDT)

I have had the C230K since 10/2004 and there have been problems non stop. Brakes squealing all the time, replaced twice. There is very ittle gas pedal room. Handles not even close to an Audi or BMW. Horrible traction in a little snow or rain. Loud engine noise. the only things great about this car are the gas mileage and style. Customer service is very poor and watch out for the salesmen on telling you that this car is fully covered. That standard option end in 2004. Now you have to pay for this bumper to bumper option. Things changed for the worse after the merger with Chrysler. Bottom line, last MB I will ever recommend or buy.

Great value for the money...
By Doctor Karl on 08/29/05 10:29 AM (PDT)

Just traded in a Cadillac CTS-V for a 2005 M-B C230 KOMPRESSOR black-on-black sedan with a navigation system. Not a very powerful vehicle, especially having just had 400 hp under the hood of the Cadillac. Nevertheless, much more fun to drive, in that the seats are more supportive and one feels much more in-tune with the car, rather than just a passenger. The vehicle gets great gas mileage, has sufficient pep from the supercharged 4-cylinder engine and is a pleasure to drive. The navigation system is very user friendly, although could use a graphics improvement. I have no regrets investing in this vehicle. In fact, my girlfriend purchased the same vehicle (but red-on-black); she loves it!

Solid - Formed Out of One Piece
By mbzla on 08/28/05 23:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Wagon (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my wagon for almost 3 years now and love it. It has a very solid feel - it just feels like it's formed out of one piece. The seats, seating position and layout are extremely comfortable. I highly recommend this car/wagon and would quickly buy another. Beware of 'expert' reviews. I've had an Audi and the quality and feel is just not the same. My MBZ is not the fastest, but it is sporty and has plenty of pep when you need it. It handles nicely. The interior is classy (not overdone) and the exterior looks great.