2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
C230k 4dr
By Fun and Sexy on 08/16/05 21:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

A very cute and aggressive looking car, with MB AMG appreance. Interior is a little bit tight inside, but it's a small car. So far so good with out any problems. Gas mileage is about 22mpg.

Best buy for under $40K
By Jim on 08/15/05 21:23 PM (PDT)

This is my 2nd Mercedes C230 Kompressor and the '05 redesign is outstanding. I love the sporty aggressive stance it has. I recently had the misfortune of having a side impact collision with my car and I am so impressed with the stability of this car. Although the door was caved in on the passenger side, the air bags did not deploy thanks to the child safety component and the car really held its ground. I was shaken but unhurt. This was one of the main reasons I bought this car. It's economical to operate and it gives you the rock solid feel of a well built car while it still gives you ability to have fun. I traded an '04 BMW 330I for my MB and I don't regret it at all. Safety, comfort and style.

Great Sport Sedan
By Stylish on 08/08/05 14:30 PM (PDT)

I am impressed by the performance of this vehicle. The gas consumption was great also. Looks are definitely eye catching to many as I drove it on the streets and highways.

Nice entry level sports sedan
By celivdc13 on 08/08/05 13:45 PM (PDT)

The car has been great and is fun to drive. I wish it had more power (was driving a 6 spd Maxima) especially when the A/C is on. Handling is wonderful and the car loves corners. I only purchased 2 options (CD changer and sunroof package) and have been very pleased. So far the car has had two unscheduled services (sunshade instalation and cold start/computer issue). Annual oil change at dealer was $150. Other than that no surprises to date. If buying again I'd wait for the 320 or new 350 (new 2007/8 C-class looks amazing).

Over Priced Junk
By Chip on 08/05/05 11:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Mercedes Benz advertises and sells this as a sports sedan (C320WZ), not even close, I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. The transmission and build quailty are awful at best. For a European sports sedan, it's the wrost I have ever owned. Will never buy another Mercedes Benz product. Automatic transmission is absolutely the worst in the industry, and downshifts whenever it wants!

My new baby Benz
By DARLENA ELLIS on 07/30/05 18:37 PM (PDT)

Beautiful and easy to handle. It's not too big, but has 4 doors. I love it! I feel classy, I feel pretty. Drive one and see!

The C Class zooms ahead of the rest
By Roger on 07/27/05 20:36 PM (PDT)

The C230 Sports Sedan that I own is an amazing vehicle for its price. In its class, nothing compares overall. Mercedes introduced a new nano-technicological paint which virtually eliminates scratching, and looks great as the car ages. Even chipped paint is a rare sight. The exterior of this car is really a nice sight. 17 inch alloy wheels, an AMG ground effects package, with chrome exaust tips, and even a supercharger. makes this car, second to none.

Love this fun little car!
By trismiss on 07/13/05 17:00 PM (PDT)

This is a great zip around town car. I love the feel, looks, and handling. You could be going 90 and it feels like your going 30. just an all around awesome car.

Good car for the money
By Chris on 07/13/05 10:58 AM (PDT)

Other than the radio needing to be replaced, the car has been flawless to date. Fun, quick, respectable, efficient. Everything you could want out of a car.

Pure Luxury
By BenzBabe on 07/10/05 11:19 AM (PDT)

The Mercedes Benz C230 is pure luxury. Great car and is a thrill to drive. Beautiful design.