Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

By Mongoose777

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I compared this car to the BMW 3 series and found it to be a better all around car. I almost bought the 2006 model with v6 motor, but wanted the supercharged 4L with better gas mileage. This car is truly a fun car to drive. I know its not MB top of the line, but my car came with the H/K sound system, NAV,Xenon lights,Tel-Aid phone,Powered driver seat,17" chrome wheels etc. etc.. It's nice to know that I get the same extra amenities that the bigger (more expensive) upper models get, but at a fraction of the cost.

Favorite Features

The overall power for a 4 cyl is just amazing to me. The Nav and H/K sound system are a major plus for me.

Suggested Improvements

The temp control knobs, a/c vents, and window buttons appear of very cheap quality. The cup holder, when popped out to make two holders, appear as cheap plastic as well. I feel as some point in the near future, I will have to replace these items due to the cheap quality.

My present ride
By standingfire

This car is most enjoyable. While there are some detractors, the flat four with supercharger is a nice plant. I have pushed 35 mpg on the highway at somewhere above 70 mph. The car shifts very smoothly and cleanly. A very nice car.

Favorite Features

The computer and the little tweaks for the comforts. The radio controls on the wheel and the six speed manual is quick and smooth

Love it !
By Mercedes

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This was a perfect fit for me. My kids are grown and have cars of there own so it was my turn for the car of my dreams. I could have spent a lot more but thought why bother? It is equipped with everything I need for a lot less money . If you are driving people around all the time the pricier car will might suit your needs but can't really see it for a 50's woman that just likes to travel alone! Germany makes the best cars in the world. Glad I own one !

Favorite Features

Body style. Comfotable seating. Stereo system and the 4-matic feature. Heads turn with this car. I darkened the windows and had the dealer switch wheels with the E Class . Beautiful ! Of course, black is the only color to buy!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing. I'm completed satisfied

The "Poor-Man's" Mercedes is Gold
By David

Driver's seat is hard to get in and out of because of a low seat and cramped cockpit, right leg annoyingly rests against center console but I eventually got used to it. Transmission went after one year due to "metal shavings" Still not quite sure what that means, but Mercedes replaced it under warranty and gave me an E-Class sedan to drive while it was being repaired, as they've done for all my service check-ups as well. The steering wheel controls, which offer menu options to change settings on the vehicle, are overly complicated and require too much time to learn that I, or any other working husband and father, has time to learn. I still have trouble with those menus. Truly compared to the BMW 3-series I tested this car is gold. The engine sound is truly invigorating. The back seat is a little small but my kids fit fine and the trunk is spacious. Very intuitive design and very safe. The car has a luxury feel for an affordable price and I would highly reccomend it.

Favorite Features

Complaints aside the car is wonderful. It feels rock solid, performs like a racecar, and achieves mpg comperable to an economy car.

Saved by the Benz!
By Scott

I finally found a vehicle that I felt good about. Great price, great fuel economy and very good customer service. I purchased a demo here in ATL in May and find myself liking the car more and more everytime I drive it. I'm coming from an SUV that avg'd at most 20 mpg. My C230 hit an avg high of 33.5 mpg a couple of weeks ago. I went a full two weeks without fueling! The AMG design is classic and the car is roomy enough to take friends to dinner. I never thought that I would own a Benz and plan on keeping this one as long as I can.

Favorite Features

Smooth sports ride, stereo system, Benz extras like the back window shade that helps keep the car cool, and all around luxury. Roomy trunk!

Suggested Improvements

My only issue is that Benz needs to make the seats a little more comfortable and add more tint to the windows.