2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Great value for the money
By rock7111 on 01/30/06 13:44 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Take the time to test drive one of these if you have not already. Don't be mislead by reading the reviews for the coupe variant of the C-Class; that coupe was an abortion of a vehicle and should've never been built. I know because I traded one in for this sedan. I decided to give MB one more shot and I'm glad that I did. The C- Class sport sedan is a stunning machine. The interior is finely crafted; the engine is smooth & responsive despite being supercharged. Road noise is very low, and if you get the entertainment package, prepared to be wowed by the audio. If you can't stomach the '06 pricing, look for one of these '05 beauties on the pre-owned lot - you will not be disappointed.

Effortless Power, Unique and Rare
By Chuck on 01/10/06 22:22 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This car is outstanding! I have now owned the C55 AMG for over a year and I still am not tired one bit from driving it daily. The power is absolutly supurb, so great it can stay dead even with my Dodge Viper! The main reason I bought the C55 is not only because of its monstrous 362hp V8 but because it is very rare and unique. Today I still have not seen another one on the road! When you buy this car do not expect people to be taking pictures of the car out their windows, But Once in a while you will notice someone checking out the car. For the most part this car sleeps under the radar until you "OPEN HER UP" and let all the people around you hear the car's V8 roar.

Down sized and love it
By OTH7905P on 12/30/05 22:10 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Mercedes has created a look in the C- Class which still holds distinction. I had not owned a Mercedes for years and decided to scale down from a larger Lincoln after seeing the C-Class, assuming the quality was good. I was looking for better economy in a small sedan with delux features. There are a few cars which fill this catagory but it was the overall look of the Mercedes which won me over. It is as quiet as the Lexus and the Infinity but with a better looking interior. I did not test drive the Acura, Volvo, Lincoln, BMW, or Audi because of the styling. Appearance has always been important to me. Figuring out the dashboard electronics has been confusing to this point. A matter of time.

I want to trade.
By Disappointed on 12/30/05 02:30 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my new Mercedes-Benz now for 6 months and I can't wait to trade it. I wanted to trade it the first week after I purchased it but I was encouraged to drive it more because I "was just probably not accustomed to driving a German-engineered car." I developed calluses on my hands because the steering is so tight. The longer I keep the car the smaller the interior seems to get. I don't get the benefit of the instrumentation technology and upgraded sound system because it is too complicated for me to use. Everything stains the upgraded leather interior. I have already had the seating re-dyed. I hope this has been my first and last poor car purchase decision.

European Delivery on 230 Kompressor
By L.A. on 12/28/05 15:23 PM (PST)

I took delivery at the plant in Sttutgart , receiving the royal treatment there, including a full tank of gas. Took off for Berlin inmediately in the Autobahn. Got it in the States for Christmas. Performance is beyond my expectations, handling , braking and high speed acceleration are superb and so is confort. Front seats can be stretched to form a bed for a quick nap in rest areas. Very thrifty on gas specially in the 60 miles range.

My favorite car
By Nicky on 12/02/05 22:51 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is the best car I have ever had. I love getting into it and driving it every day. This is my second one. I bought the first one two months before, but some one rear ended me on the freeway and smashed my car into the car in front of me. My first one was totalled, but I was not hurt. I replaced it with the exact same model and even chose the same color, Iridium silver. I am sure this wonderful car saved my life in that accident. We have 3 Mercedes C-230 coupes in our family. I wish Mercedes would continue making this wonderful car forever.

Early in the life of the new Benz
By x MINI COOPER on 11/29/05 00:50 AM (PST)

The C230 replaced a 2002 launch edition MINI cooper. The C230 is a much different car, more comfort, no where near the razor edge handling of the MINI. MINI had reliability problems from day 1. Service could never fix the issues. MB dealer treated the customer fairly with respect, unlike MINI service. Leagues more power than MINI, darn near the same mileage.

Yeah Baby
By Robert on 11/23/05 19:54 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

What else could anyone want? Power, refinement, good visibility and a silver arrow on the hood! This car has provided thrills from day one! There are bigger and faster cars out there, but none right now that can compare in theis segment.(Sorry CTS-V and S4)

Smoke and Mirrors
By SHANE on 11/10/05 00:36 AM (PST)

If you want to waste $30,000 then this is the car for you. I traded in a KIA Rio and thought I was taking a huge step up but I was mistaken. In the 6 months I have had this car it has been in the shop 7 times for various problems including alignment problems, electrical glitches with the ESP system, transmission and the lost goes on. The car is full of squeaks & rattles. I wish I had been smarter and purchased a car based on it's actual merits not on the logo on the hood. Save yourself $10,000 and countless trips to the dealer and buy a Honda or Toyota. Mercedes is only a name now. There is NO quality behind the shiny hood emblem in my opinion.

I'm lovin it.
By Walter on 11/03/05 16:50 PM (PST)

I've had mine for over a month and 4500 great miles. I have had zero problems. The dealership is great. Very little road noise, great mileage, and very good looks. Love the stereo and the seats. This is an awesome car. 13000 mile oil change interval!!