Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 168 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Our Mercedes
By Jimmy

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I sell cars for a living. Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo to be exact. I had some hesitation about buying a pre-owned Mercedes. This car is, without a doubt, the nicest sedan I have ever driven. The folks at M-B know how to design and build a sedan. The 2.6 ltr. provides more than adequate power while delivering excellent fuel economy.Handling and road manners are awesome! So far, no mechanical issues and we are planning on purchasing an extended warranty when the factory expires. They can be expensive when they break. We are now planning on purchasing a 2005 C-Class Wagon.

Quality of build, interior layout, long-distance passenger comfort, multi- function controls and settings, overall styling.

Cheap chrome ring around cupholder is peeling.

Disappionted
By Lisa

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This car looks amazing from the outside. The handling is exceptional, too bad there are too many problems. I drove this one off the lot and have had nothing but problems. The car veered to the right and it took Mercedes 3 trips to the dealer to fix. At 10K engine leaks. I have been in the shop 7 times in 18 months for a non working radio. After having a loaner for 14 weeks I finally got MBUSA to buy back this car. Too bad because I love to drive this car but tired of the problems. Mercedes is not what it used to be. Replaced it with a 2007 Lexus 350 .

Best looking car I have owned, Great handling, braking.

Way too small inside , for comfortable seats, rear passenger leg room and Please have a radio that works.

Great fun little toy, enjoy
By GI Tiger

It was a bumpy ride at first. I bought a dealer/loaner C230k from the dealership. That said, I've only had one problem with it, a blown oil line which leaked all over my garage. The maintenance is kind of costly, but it is the best auto I've ever driven. I've driven a lot cars around the world (Military). If you want a fun car this is it. Fast on the draw and will suprise you how quick it is. Sometimes it does sputters when moving at slow speeds on the highwqy trying to dodge in and out of traffic.

Style, performance and looks. Should I say anything more? It's a Mercedes! Ya gota love it.

More selection with the tires and rims. Mercedes seems content on being generic. Plastic pieces and not SS or aluminum? Come-on, I paid $96 a piece for plastic headlamp rings?

Great used car!
By 34 yo father of 3

Compared to a used 2004 2D BMW 325Ci 5- speed coupe with similar mileage and my previous 4D BMW 325i auto -- the MB wins hands down: more elegant and classy, while almost as sporty and peppy. Ride is smooth and quiet. Seats are very comfortable for a family of 4. Mileage is terrific considering performance. Put side-by-side, the MB is much more of a head-turner than the BMW. No regrets so far!

Exterior and interior appearance superior to BMW. Peppy plant at gears 2+, smooth shifter, steering controls, low road noise

Could use more pep off the line. Nimble but less so than BMW

Will buy another one for my hubby!
By ppbw123

This is the first MB I've owned. I've enjoyed every minute and every situation of driving this car. Now that the snow tires are put on, the MB winter driving proved much fun and saver than my other 'light-weight' car in the house!

Feeling safe, stable on high-speed and long distance driving, good gas mileage. Easy on wintery conditions with snow tires on.

It took me a while to figure out how to handle the snow season and snow tire purchasing. Will be helpful for the east coast (say, like Boston) customer if MB can provide a detailed instructions on how to prepare the snow season.