2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Reliable and fun
By Jeff on 08/05/08 08:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Ive had a 2005 C230 Sport Sedan for 2 years now and love the car. With the AMG styling and upgrades the sport sedan has its a real head turner. I have had zero problems with the car and I drive it about 30000 miles a year. I've only brought it in for scheduled maintanence and had a couple recall problems fixed. I'd buy this car again and would recommend it to anyone. My friend has a BMW 325xi and my Benz is much more fun to drive

Like no other
By My Retirement Gift on 06/27/08 07:41 AM (PDT)

I purchased this automobile as a retirement gift to myself as my old truck had finally croaked. Everything about this vehicle is a delight to own, handle and drive. From dealer servicing regardless of where I have managed to land to quality of repairs and frequency of service. Its comfortable on long rides, its quiet its fun. I would really purchase no other car given a choice.

Solid Value and Fun
By pidcoke44 on 06/10/08 03:54 AM (PDT)

The C230 has been a solid and reliable purchase and wouldn't hesitate to do it all over again. It has the classic MB good looks in a package that is fun to drive without hitting the wallet in a bad way. The 1.8L Kompressor engine provides ample performance and zip. It is both fast and quick as well as being responsive to the touch. My C230 has 50,000 miles on it and has yet to see a service bay for other than the scheduled maintenance. It's fuel economy is in keeping with other 1.8L engines. Bottom line... I never get tired of driving it and plan on keeping it a long time.

Great car
By Ashok Kumar on 05/30/08 14:13 PM (PDT)

Great car. Fun to drive. A lot of features for the money and much more than comparable BMWs. Performance when you need it with the kompressor. Wife feels very safe in the car. Great gas mileage. On a recent 300mi highway trip, I got 34mpg by using cruise and keeping my speed at 65mph

Fun to own...driving is Fabulous !
By Tania Tanjal on 04/17/08 16:15 PM (PDT)

I am not good with big cars, I found this C Class to be a perfect fit. Parking inside the garage as well as in parking lots is very convenient. Driving this Compressor is just a lot of fun ! It corners with zest. It does take off and comes up onto the highway very eagerly. Visiblity is very good for me. Even fuel efficiency is great since gas prices are dreary. Enjoy, get one.

Excellent Used Car.
By LJKelley on 04/11/08 17:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a pristine 2005 used C240 4Matic in 2007 and have been extremely thrilled by the car and service from MB. Drives great, interior is the best in its class and I think the exterior is very iconic. The 4matic has been a great feature for the Snow here in Rochester, NY. The car is extremely solid and you feel very safe no matter your driving conditions.

I like this car
By Fray Castulo on 04/10/08 10:27 AM (PDT)

Love the mileage, 24 in the city, up to 35 on I-95 with performance. Mine is a 6 speed manual. Love to accelerate in 2nd gear. Stability is super and so is breaking. Would change it only for another C class.

Great Car - Bad Tires
By D. Parent on 04/08/08 21:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love the car. However, in spite of the fact that I drive it less than 12,000 miles a year, and always on well-kept expressways, I have had to replace 4 of my Continental tires in the past 15 months for bulges in the sidewalls "caused by pot holes" according to my MB service rep!

A fun to drive fuel efficient hatch
By Dmitry on 10/21/07 07:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Wanted to share with everyone my experience with the 2005 C230 coupe. Bought the car when it had 17000 miles from a Nissan dealer. So far have put 11000 more miles. No problems at all. Best of all the fuel economy on the car is superb. I usually get 300-320 miles out of a tank combined city/highway driving. And I live in NYC. That should say a lot. Car has great handling, not very fast, but I think it's because I have an auto, not a stick. Nonetheless for someone who wants a Benz that is compact, problem- free and fun to drive I really recommend the car. One other feature I like is that it comes from factory with a sport exhaust. Has that nice low sound when you accelerate. Thank you

Great Ride
By Nick77 on 08/16/07 18:18 PM (PDT)

My first MB and certainly not my last. What a blast to drive. Fun is only a down shift away, blow by anyone on the highway no problem, gaps in traffic just seem to open up for you like moses and the red sea. Fuel economy is fantastic, 28mpg at 90 mph, 30mpg at 70, 32mpg at 60; can't beat that, its ridiculous. Watch out for cops tho, this is a dangerous car, can do 90 without even realizing it. The sound of the engine is music to my ears, I put the radio on mute (which sounds great as well) just to listen to it when accelerating.