Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Excellent Commuter Cehicle
By JPercival

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I use this car predominantly for my 20 mile per day commute to work. It is a pleasure to drive and has excellent fuel economy for its class. On weekends I've taken the family on longer trips - and even though its a small car everyone has been comfortable. I now have 5000 miles on the odometer and have had zero problems with this car.

Automatic washers and headlights - sound system is very good.

I would love to have a hybrid or fuel cell version of this car. ipod audio attachment standard would be great too!

A solid buy
By Harry Schneider

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Wagon (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

The C Wagon 4wheel drive is an excellent vehicle. Excellent engine. It's quiet, but with very good accelleration. Very good heater and A/C.Super solid feel that BMW or any Japanese brand cannot match. Only complaint is that vehicle is too low !

Tremendous power and surefootedness.

Seats could be better. Vehicle is too low.

Amazing
By fasani

Great sporty car. Nice to drive, incredible handling, elegant interior and the perfect size and look.

The look. The interior is classy and elegant. Has everything you need. Can drive for hours. Fun in the traffic, amazing on the highway. The exterior has a great look.

More power!

Problems encountered at 3,070 mi
By jood

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I can't complain much about the performance of this entry-level-luxury Benz. Though it has a weak V6(168hp), it's still FUN to drive. At 3,070 miles today, I'm taking my car to the dealer because of the SRS MULFUNCTION and a stereo system sound problem - sound was distorted last week, both radio & CD. Yesterday, there was no sound coming out at all -and i got the "entertainment package". But it's the SRS problem I'm worried about. It's a safety issue, and I still have to drive all the way to the dealer (without aibags and safety measure devices)

Multi-function steering wheel (not too many buttons, less confusing), automatic rear sunshade, rain sensing wipers.

Standard 60/40 split fold back seat. Standard 3-way power front seats. More horsepower for a $33,000 car.

Disappointed
By Polly Roberts

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I am very disappointed with this new C- Class and the customer service. This car drives worse than any vehicle I have ever owned. It constantly pulls to the right and the service department only argues over every issue. I got a SRS INOP warning light that said drive to workshop immediately and called the service department and they said no big deal. The next time you bring it in we'll check it. I had to call roadside service because of a blowout on the right front tire and the lady at the 800 number said the car should not be driven at all with that warning light on and they should have towed the car immediately, which only had 3,000 miles on it. They had to replace the drivers airbag.

I cannot get past the bad to appreciate any of the good. This is my fourth Mercedes and a real lemon.

The only improvement is I will get is a different make and model of another vehicle.