2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
German King of the roads
By Netraptor on 08/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Greatest car I have ever bought I have always bought the car that fitted my budget this time I bought my MB. I have longed for it since I was 5. Superior handling, Acceleration when needed majestic looks and affordable price. I think you can not put all of theses in a car and then some. Suspension and breaking is marvelous. Sound system is absolutely NiteClub. Real head turner. No modifications eve needed. Go to you dealership and check it out yourself. You won`t regret

Stop by your MB dealer now!!!
By Poker Face on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I stopped by and looked at the BMW 3 series, Acura TL, Audi A4 and Volvo's. Once you see the 2005 C230 sedan in person you will fall in love with it...pictures on the internet don't even come close. Overall a great package, it has style, handling, performance and that little something called MB...I expect quality to be world class.

Fountain of Youth Found!
By Janus' on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

The Kompressor model will shave 10 years off your age the moment you hit the gas pedal. Warning: If you test drive it - you'll buy it! This sporty model is not your grandma's car. Quick out of the gate and responsive to corners. If you like getting horizontal through turns -this car is not for you. The ride is oh so smooth-no gritty feel of the road as with the BMW. This is a well thought out car in terms of storage. Ample glove compartment even with a 6 CD changer and a large truck with 2 built in side pockets. The hands free Harmon Kardon stereo system and built-in phone are accessable without thought.

Ride of a bigger Mercedes
By eyegene on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Even though it's a much smaller Mercedes class, this car gives you the ride of extreme luxury and handling, solid on the road and with 4matic it holds the road under any conditions!

Great car buy.
By RobsMBZ on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I'm only 2 months into owning my C230, but already it feels like a keeper. What I like mostly is that it is quite heavy and solid for its size. No rattles. Stock wheels are beautiful. Suspension is firm but not jarring, considering the 45 profile tires. Engine has lots of power, yet I'm getting 26mpg in town. Panorama roof is great. Choose your color carefully because the image of the care changes.

Awesome Car
By jallopy on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great car. Best 4 cyl ever made. You would never know its a 4 cyl. Even on the hwy at 90 mph, there is little engine noise. Exterior, the car turns heads. Stereo sounds great. Get the upgrade to the 300+ watt. Its worth it. 10 speakers makes all the difference.

Fun and Prestige
By Manolito on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

The new 2005 MB C230 Sedan is not only fun and comfy to drive but also delivers nods and gazes of recognition and admiration. Hence it is not easy to summarize one's experience since the latter qualities are hard to measure and quantify. The sporty trim and structure makes the ride and handling a little more stiff and noisy, but one has to accept these because it is a SPORT sedan, not a regular sedan.

Maxima, Accord or Benz? Stupid Question
By C230 Fan on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I seriously considered the Accord coupe and Maxima, until I realized I could drive a Benz for the same price! This car is awesome. A great intro to Luxury. Looks and feels like a $50,000 car.

Fun to Drive
By Terryjo on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I looked at the BMW 325,Acura TL and Volvo S60 2.4T/R models before choosing the Mercedes. I've never regretted it. I've been driving quite a bit in the past month and it is so fun to drive and comfortable on the driver. I used to own a BMW but I'm not sure if I'll go back. I'm waiting to see if the Mercedes has the long term quality that I would expect.

This is the car to buy!
By Art/ La Quinta, CA on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I have owned BMW's before and was just ready to buy another when a friend suggested I check out the C230 Compressor.. Boy am I sure glad I did! Beautiful styling, luxury interior, smooth ride and with the turbo compressor engine, I have more horsepower than a BMW325- but with 33mpgs on the highway and 25 mpgs in the city! The best of all worlds!