2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG Consumer Reviews 2

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG - Consumer Reviews

C55 AMG 5.4L V8 5-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )
What a beast!
By scovit on 06/07/05 22:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

What a car...If you want unbelievable performance and the highest quality small sports sedan, this is it! Driving down the road is a unique experience, a "wolf in sheeps clothing"! Those who know about this rocket burner give you an unsolicited thumbs up! Those who don't know about this car just stare at it wondering if it is "something new". But it can be quite tame around town, kind of a duel personality! I've driven them all... BMW's, Audi's, other Mercedes, This one drives with an edge rarely seen in a production car. What do you expect? The engine is hand built. The others don't offer that!

So much fun
By scott on 06/03/05 19:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Tthis car is awesome. I have never been so excited to just go out and drive. Getting my car a little sideways at times, and racing occasionally have brought back my love for driving. All of this, and a very comfortable ride, and just unbridled power. Mileage is a little small. However I guess compared to competitors, it's better. So that's a plus for me.

Perfect Blend of Performance and Luxury
By Robert Gross on 04/07/05 17:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

A relative bought a C32 three years ago and I've been lusting after a similar car since. Drove the GTO - performance but not enough luxury. Drove the Acura RL - luxury but not enough performance. The C55 is a perfect blend. Needed a sedan to fit the grandkids. Needed an automatic to satisfy the wife. Did I compromise? Not in my book. I have a huge grin on my face every time I get in the C55 and fire up that big v8!

Even better than the M3
By Brad on 01/31/05 17:51 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I had to decide between the the C55, the M3, and the new Corvette. The C55 was clearly the best of the three. The Corvette is cheaper, but it isn't nearly as safe as either the BMW or the Benz. The key difference between the C55 and the M3 is the interior. One look inside of an M3, and you will know that the car is built for performance. The C55 is built for performance and for luxurious comfort. For just $1,000 more than an M3, the C55 offers a hand-made engine, Nav system, single disc CD player with a 6-disc changer in the glove box, heated seats, four doors, and much, much more. The C55 is really an outstanding deal for the money it costs.

AWESOME CAR
By ROBERT on 01/03/05 23:53 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

GREAT ENGINE LOTS OF POWER AND TORQUE AT ALL SPEEDS AND I LIKE THE 5 SPEED AMG SPEEDSHIFT ADAPTIVE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION THAT YOU SHIFT FROM THE STEERING WHEEL OR SHIFTER. MY YOUNG SON CALLS IT THE FAST AND FURIOUS CAR FROM THE MOVIE, BUT WITH THE LUXURY YOU WOULD EXPECT FROM MERCEDES. I GOT IT WITH NAVIGATION AND IT'S A VERY SMOOTH SYSTEM COMPARED WITH MY WORK TRUCK VERY DETAILED AND ACCURATE. THE SOUND SYSTEM IS VERY NICE WITH 12 SPEAKERS FROM KARMON/KARDON. AND THIS CAR HAS THE BEST BRAKING SYSTEM OF ANY CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED. LOTS OF SAFETY FEATURES. ONLY NEGATIVE IS THE PRICE BUT ONCE YOU TRULY DRIVE IT, IT'S MONEY WELL SPENT.

Most fun ever!
By Robert B Cook on 12/30/04 19:57 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I've driven BMW M3's and corvettes, but the C55 is just as fast, and is one of the smoothest accelerating cars I've been in. It takes "creamy" to a different level. The build quality is superb, although the AMG seats are a bit narrow for a larger man like myself. So many nice touches and accessories. I love having an entertaining and involved cockpit, and the C55 doesn't fail to please! It's a grown up version of the boy toy hot rod.

The Machine
By Stan on 12/06/04 19:52 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best "sedan" on the market for less than 60K. After a test drive in the S4, I was sold. The C55 is worth the extra $8K. The visability in the S4 is terrible and the Audi "V8" feels and sounds more like a turbocharged V6. I looked at the CTS- V and didn't bother to test drive it. The interior looked like crap. Caddy needs to get on board if they plan to sell cars in that price range. The C55 is a machine and handles like a car should. I test drove a CL65 ($235K)and the car did not make the driver feel that you were in control. The C55 is the only Mercedes-Benz that I have driven that felt like a BMW. I cannot understand why one would buy an E320 or E500 instead of a C55.

nice car
By mmaccioni on 11/12/04 19:39 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

this car seems to be a considerable upgrade from the c32.

Recommended
By JPM on 11/04/04 00:45 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Had BMWs previously -- M3s, etc. This car is more comfortable but still fast and fun to drive. Ride is firm yet very comfortable.

first one on the road
By capac on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This car is fun to drive as the power is incredible. acceleration and handling excellent. drawbacks are the car rides stiff and rough due to the low profile tires. the tiptronic sometimes downshifts by itself and the integrated phone system is not very good.