Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

First time Mercedes buyer
By Armando

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I'm very happy with the C230. The dealer was outstanding. The product was better than what I expected. My wife and I share the vehicle. It's like that commercial whoever is getting to the vehicle first, drives it.

The exterior and interior redesign. It wasn't much but it deffinetly makes heads turn!!

More Horsepower...the HP and torque that it has, is not bad but it would be nice that it would come standard with 200+hp

Great drive, great price, thin quality
By Fridgemon

In August 2004 I got a 2005 230 Kompressor after last having a MB 11 years ago (300E)--wow have they gotten fun. It's red, fast and really fun. Interior is well done. Exterior is as sporty as anything on the road. Technology is first class. But it's got warranty issues: console lid broke, paint is chipping and the CD player just ate my AC/DC CD! Dealership has been good though. For a guy in his 50's, I can't imagine anything I'd rather have for my daily driver.

Best thing is that Kompressor -- it really takes off. Also like the styling, especially the wheels. Low-profile tires and sport cladding. And oh yes, a good value for the money.

Better paint. Better console engineering. A CD player that doesn't eat my CD's

first but not the last
By michael

I test drove the 325 BMW and thought it was the car for me. The C230 has more style, more sex appeal, and has alot more bells and whistles than a 325 of the same price range. The engine pulls with gobs of torque, quick response steering and is built to last. It is my first Mercedes but wont be my last. I have had 37 cars over the past 20 years. It is one of the best purchases I have ever made. Buy it, you won't be disappointed.

Quality of workmanship, ride, torque, tons of cool stuff..computer, awesome stock stereo, slick 6 speed

The cruise control lever is a pain. Keep using it by mistake as a turn signal.

This is the CAR
By COMPLA768

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

My First MB. It is fun to drive, takes curves like it is on rails. 1/4 clocked at 100 mph. With the adjustable steering wheel and CD Changer and all the options, it is such a luxury. My 3 year old eggs me on "Go Faster Daddy". Don't bother buying this car without the 4matic. My neighbor has one and he spends more time digging it out from the snow than driving it.

Steering wheel controls. 4matic, adaptable transmission, semi automatic shifter. I out-cornered a BMW 330i at 85 mph on slick roads.

Pass through rear seat, auto for seat adjustment front and back. Dual Exhaust. Better tires of the shelf.

Love my C240 4 Matic!
By cliffreuter.com

Just turned 13,000 miles after six months and have loved every mile! The car handles beautifully and has a tight solid ride. The fit and finish is excellent and the new body style always attracts attention. It looks like a 90k car on the inside and has many of the same features. The new body style, interior, gauges, and suspension make the 2005 C240 4Matic the best in its class.

The new Harmon Kardon sound system.

Wouldn't change a thing.