2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Lovin It
By BenzeeDeb on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is a fun little car. I have it a month and it's been a pleasure to drive.

Fun to drive
By Micki on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

My car is so much fun to drive. This is my fourth MB, no other car I've had has matched the performance of a MB. Comfortable, on long trips no more backaches. Reliability and dealer service has been great in the past. Stability and control excellent. Had an incident on I20 to come face to face with a deer. The deer and my husband missed each by mere inches, after a swere to miss the deer the car straightened out and we preceding on. Lucky for the deer and us that we were driving a MB! I am certain.

When your New Benz Breaks Down
By NewportBeach on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I bought this car on August 1st and she was in the shop on August 5th. Things happen. But guess what....Mercedes does have 2005 parts in stock in US...or Germany. After two months of driving a loaner. I started with letters to MBUSA. Threat of Lawsuits...etc. Finally, since the dealer was waiting till the cows came home. MBUSA intervened, they have asked someone to send the part over from factory. It is now October 20 and I am still waiting for my car.

Happy
By tporter on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

was moving to the inner city on the east coast and opted for a small car vs. a larger model. drove from west coast to the east and was a blast to drive cross country...very pleasntly surprised at ride comfort, car is basic in comparison to other MB models but so far had fulfilled all of my needs. probably will opt for the e series on next purchase, but this was not a bad selection at all.

first one on the road
By capac on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This car is fun to drive as the power is incredible. acceleration and handling excellent. drawbacks are the car rides stiff and rough due to the low profile tires. the tiptronic sometimes downshifts by itself and the integrated phone system is not very good.

Great car
By daedalus on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It's sleek, fast, comfortable, and handles well. Fuel economy is good for a V-6 (premium fuel). The only things I would change would be the cup holders that are too small and flimsy and it would be great to have the manual transmission available. The centre console is not a lot of use if you don't opt for the Mercedes phone.

C230 is Better Than The C240
By Mcurrie682 on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I purchased a C240 first in 2003 and then realized the features of the C240 2004 and traded.

Great Car!
By robs on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great car for the price!

Best Sports Sedan below $70k
By Al S. on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

A very together car. Sharp looking, with a very silky smooth engine and transmission. Gobs of torque that comes on low in the power band. I thought I’d miss a clutch but now prefer the speedshift. Not as good as the Ferrari’s but better then Porsche. The C55 has a clean interior with great ergonomics. I tested the CTS-V, its cheap interior, confusing shifter, and wheel hop means it’s still a work in progress. I also tested the M3/M5.The M3 too small, becoming outdated. The M5(02-03)nice but a bit heavy in the handling, however nicer rear seating then the C55. All 3 Germans have great engines though. Tried the S4, not a fan of AWD and the styling is just ok. Interior is comparable to the C55.

My MNV
By Lizjam on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second mercedes and I have enjoyed them for the past 11 years. I have a C320 4matic. I love the way it handles in inclement weather. It is just the right size for me.