Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Love my car
By jwlk0727

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car somewhat relunctantly, because "the car guys" were not really enthusiastic about it. I think that they're wrong. I traded a 2000 Audi A4 1.8TQ for this car, and I think that it's just as good if not better than the Audi. It's quiet with a smooth ride, and I love all the standard features. I got a good deal on the car, and I think that it's a great value for the money. I love my new car.

Ride, auto headlights, rain sensing wipers, audio

A little more horsepower

A great little car
By Robert D. Frank

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I eagerly awaited the arrival of this car as I made my selection while it was on the ship. I have not been disappointed. It handles well, has superb performance, and gets 29.5/30 mpg on the highway. I love the way it drives, the way it looks, and the compliments I receive from friends. The longest trip I have taken was over 7 hours on some rough back roads and it was a comfortable trip. The workmanship is excellent, with not one problem to report after 8,000 miles. It is one of the best car buying decisions I have made in my 47 years of buying cars.

Looks, gas mileage, comfort, and performance

None

The Real Deal
By Jayrock

The classy/sporty combination this car boasts is unequalled in today's market. She handles remarkably well at any speed and is quite responsive when asked to politely grace the left lane. I can't keep from peeking back at the sporty, low-profile appeal she exudes inside and out. Soft leather, multiple steering wheel controls, and premium sound will keep this Benz in my garage for a long time. This entire purchase, from the test drive to the daily drive home from work has been the real deal!

Aggressive power (for a 4cyl) and handling. Tons of manipulative-easy to access controls, and comfortable size for the price. Also, she has tremendous curb appleal.

I love evertything about this car, however, my wife says she sometimes uses the cruise control for a turn signal.

A Solid Sedan
By FSL

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I traded my 2000 SLK 230 for this car, and I don't miss my old roadster. Handling is awesome and impressive-- better than my SLK. This car is solid Mercedes all around and feels like one of the more expensive models. I had the 230 Sport loaned to me one day and it doesn't even come close to my car in performance--the 320 is a better package. The quality is superb and I find it more fun to drive than my Dad's new E500. The car turns heads and the design is sexy. Interior design is great, but can use more room in the back seat. No complaints so far, except, I could use a little more power when I punch the gas at the stop light... One day I'll upgrade to an AMG model!

Sport rims, 17 inch wheels, and sport body trim. Love the 3 point steering wheel with driver grips!

Faster 0-60. If the engine could only match its aggressive looks.

Fun to Drive
By Dan

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

One of the best vehicles I've owned. I've owned 3 Infiniti's and the Mercedez is the best by far. It's overall handling and performance makes it tops in my book.

The power and looks

I would make the drivers seat easier to get into. The design is tight