2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Granite Gray 230K
By mickey25 on 11/09/04 20:48 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Truly a phenomenal vehicle. The dealer really tried to sell me on the automatic 230K on the lot, so glad I got the 6 speed manual. Not only is the manual smooth, you are able to use that supercharged 4 cyl. to its fullest potential. The rear quarters are a little cramped, however I bought this car to drive not to ride in. My son has enough room for his car seat and other misc. items in the rear and myself and the wife are quite comfortable up front. I traded in my 03 Navigator so I knew going in I was losing space, but definitely saving at the pump. Overall I highly recommend this car!

Looks more expensive than its class
By bengaile on 11/06/04 21:03 PM (PST)

We purchased our C230 this past August, and does this car ever turn heads! People often mistake it for a $65 - $70K car. The MB personnel at the dealership, from sales to service, were/are 100% pleasant and professional!

A true sports sedan and best C class yet
By cliv on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

MB finally got it right with this version of the C class sedan. This car is extremely fun to drive and rides like a sports car. While the 4 cyl doesn't have an overwhelming amount of power it provides enough speed for changing lanes on the highway. If you're looking for a sporty luxury sedan that rides like a sports car this is it.

A few prob. but A DREAM to drive & own!!
By CatAnnBur on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

The style of this baby benz is AWESOME! I have a black interior, black exterior 2005 C240. I bought it on 7/27/04.It shines like a jewel!I also bought a vanity plate for the front. It cost $85 extra-it is black with a silver benz symbol & a silver frame. I love driving this car! I get LOTS of compliments, and there are many great features to brag about. Rear window shade, 6 CD changer, wood trim, rain sensor, retractable sunroof, the list goes on & on. I bought every available warranty that was offered on this car -tire warranty, windshield warranty, paint, interior & exterior finish warranty, GAP insurance, extended warranties - the works, it's worth the extra cost.

Quality
By ginger01 on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I have owned several cars, I must say the C230 has the quality and reliabiltiy that I was looking for.

Lovin It
By BenzeeDeb on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is a fun little car. I have it a month and it's been a pleasure to drive.

2005 C230 Kompressor
By beaufleurs on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Just bought the car after comparing the Audi a4 and the BMW 3 series. Am totally sold on the Merceds design, quality of fit and finish and performance. It is the only one of the three that is distinctly recognizable as what it is. The BMW and Audi look alot like many other brands ie, Audi=volkswagen, BMW like many Japanese cars. I Love it.

Fun to drive
By Micki on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

My car is so much fun to drive. This is my fourth MB, no other car I've had has matched the performance of a MB. Comfortable, on long trips no more backaches. Reliability and dealer service has been great in the past. Stability and control excellent. Had an incident on I20 to come face to face with a deer. The deer and my husband missed each by mere inches, after a swere to miss the deer the car straightened out and we preceding on. Lucky for the deer and us that we were driving a MB! I am certain.

When your New Benz Breaks Down
By NewportBeach on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I bought this car on August 1st and she was in the shop on August 5th. Things happen. But guess what....Mercedes does have 2005 parts in stock in US...or Germany. After two months of driving a loaner. I started with letters to MBUSA. Threat of Lawsuits...etc. Finally, since the dealer was waiting till the cows came home. MBUSA intervened, they have asked someone to send the part over from factory. It is now October 20 and I am still waiting for my car.

Great car
By daedalus on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It's sleek, fast, comfortable, and handles well. Fuel economy is good for a V-6 (premium fuel). The only things I would change would be the cup holders that are too small and flimsy and it would be great to have the manual transmission available. The centre console is not a lot of use if you don't opt for the Mercedes phone.