Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

C230k 4dr
By Fun and Sexy

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

A very cute and aggressive looking car, with MB AMG appreance. Interior is a little bit tight inside, but it's a small car. So far so good with out any problems. Gas mileage is about 22mpg.

Exterior apperance, stands out from the crowd. Way better looking then BMW 3 series, Lexus IS 300, or Audi A4

A little bit more power, and more room in the interior.

Best buy for under $40K
By Jim

This is my 2nd Mercedes C230 Kompressor and the '05 redesign is outstanding. I love the sporty aggressive stance it has. I recently had the misfortune of having a side impact collision with my car and I am so impressed with the stability of this car. Although the door was caved in on the passenger side, the air bags did not deploy thanks to the child safety component and the car really held its ground. I was shaken but unhurt. This was one of the main reasons I bought this car. It's economical to operate and it gives you the rock solid feel of a well built car while it still gives you ability to have fun. I traded an '04 BMW 330I for my MB and I don't regret it at all. Safety, comfort and style.

Sporty styling, heated seats, safety, fuel economy, fun to drive, and very eye catching.

Better standard sound system and full power seats. Better grade leather and having full leather instead of inserts.

Great Sport Sedan
By Stylish

I am impressed by the performance of this vehicle. The gas consumption was great also. Looks are definitely eye catching to many as I drove it on the streets and highways.

Nice entry level sports sedan
By celivdc13

The car has been great and is fun to drive. I wish it had more power (was driving a 6 spd Maxima) especially when the A/C is on. Handling is wonderful and the car loves corners. I only purchased 2 options (CD changer and sunroof package) and have been very pleased. So far the car has had two unscheduled services (sunshade instalation and cold start/computer issue). Annual oil change at dealer was $150. Other than that no surprises to date. If buying again I'd wait for the 320 or new 350 (new 2007/8 C-class looks amazing).

The cruise control knob (once you get used to it, it makes sense), rain sensing wipers, rear power sunshade, transmission, exhaust note, drilled front brakes, seats and steering wheel, and rims and tires

The only improvement I'd make would be to offer more performance enhancements (dealer installed). While it's a sports sedan, it lacks power, and aftermarket product selection is terrible. In this arena the BMW is king.

Over Priced Junk
By Chip

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Mercedes Benz advertises and sells this as a sports sedan (C320WZ), not even close, I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. The transmission and build quailty are awful at best. For a European sports sedan, it's the wrost I have ever owned. Will never buy another Mercedes Benz product. Automatic transmission is absolutely the worst in the industry, and downshifts whenever it wants!

Very nice looking car.

Focus on build quality and taking care of your customers. Stop making excuses.