Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

C-Class
By alc

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Wagon (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

Very smooth ride for a smallish car. Quick acceleration and excellent handling. I love the styling

Favorite Features

Multifunction Trip computer

Suggested Improvements

Additional leg room for front and back passengers. Though I really like the C-class I found that I felt a bit confined.

A beautifully smooth ride!
By mrsnetpro

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Wagon (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

Perhaps it's the Michelin tires on the car, but this has to be one of the smoothest riding cars we have owned. The only drawback, if you want to call it that, is the acceleration. Once it's moving though, it's easy to find yourself doing 90. For comparative purposes I drove the sedan, and the two ride completely different. I can't see spending another $20,000 to get the E class wagon, simply to get more speed. I doubt it could be more comfortable that this one. The gas mileage is good and will only improve once it's broken in.

Favorite Features

The ride. The controls on the steering wheel, the sound system. The seats are very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the sub menus and have more choices at the "main" level. It's a hassle to find the feature I want quickly and I am afraid of resetting something I don't want to touch.

Solid - Formed Out of One Piece
By mbzla

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Wagon C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Wagon (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my wagon for almost 3 years now and love it. It has a very solid feel - it just feels like it's formed out of one piece. The seats, seating position and layout are extremely comfortable. I highly recommend this car/wagon and would quickly buy another. Beware of 'expert' reviews. I've had an Audi and the quality and feel is just not the same. My MBZ is not the fastest, but it is sporty and has plenty of pep when you need it. It handles nicely. The interior is classy (not overdone) and the exterior looks great.

Favorite Features

Rock solid feel, handling, seating and ergonomic comfort. Almost every feature is thoughtfully and successfully executed.

Suggested Improvements

Malfunction notifications can't be acknowledged and removed.

A Car for All Season
By Albert Fairchild

We've had this car for 7 months now, and it is our all time favorite vehicle. Elegantly designed and mechanically superb, we have driven it with pleasure and in comfort on snowy roads and in Washington's steam-bath summer. The fuel mileage is not great (about 19 mpg), but that seems to be an inevitable tradeoff for cars of this class.

Favorite Features

Beautiful styling, interior and exterior. Excellent handling on the road, with the signature Mercedes tight turning radius. We have a 10-year old C220, and most of its flaws have been ironed out in this 2005 model.

Suggested Improvements

Like its C-class predecessors, this one has a very thick center post area that makes rear/side viewing less than great.

A solid buy
By Harry Schneider

The C Wagon 4wheel drive is an excellent vehicle. Excellent engine. It's quiet, but with very good accelleration. Very good heater and A/C.Super solid feel that BMW or any Japanese brand cannot match. Only complaint is that vehicle is too low !

Favorite Features

Tremendous power and surefootedness.

Suggested Improvements

Seats could be better. Vehicle is too low.