Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Luxury Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Love it !
By Mercedes

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This was a perfect fit for me. My kids are grown and have cars of there own so it was my turn for the car of my dreams. I could have spent a lot more but thought why bother? It is equipped with everything I need for a lot less money . If you are driving people around all the time the pricier car will might suit your needs but can't really see it for a 50's woman that just likes to travel alone! Germany makes the best cars in the world. Glad I own one !

Body style. Comfotable seating. Stereo system and the 4-matic feature. Heads turn with this car. I darkened the windows and had the dealer switch wheels with the E Class . Beautiful ! Of course, black is the only color to buy!

Nothing. I'm completed satisfied

Down sized and love it
By OTH7905P

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Mercedes has created a look in the C- Class which still holds distinction. I had not owned a Mercedes for years and decided to scale down from a larger Lincoln after seeing the C-Class, assuming the quality was good. I was looking for better economy in a small sedan with delux features. There are a few cars which fill this catagory but it was the overall look of the Mercedes which won me over. It is as quiet as the Lexus and the Infinity but with a better looking interior. I did not test drive the Acura, Volvo, Lincoln, BMW, or Audi because of the styling. Appearance has always been important to me. Figuring out the dashboard electronics has been confusing to this point. A matter of time.

Four doors, small size, handy CD storage, rain-sensing wipers, memory driver positions, large pass-through trunk, cellphone electronics, well managed engine/trans combination, large diameter/low profile tires, auto traction control, auto headlamp on-off, sliding sunroof, quiteness, tight handling.

Larger dash symbols for eaiser reading, Grocery net in trunk, better explanation of electronics in owner's manual, a hybride version, better milage.

I want to trade.
By Disappointed

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my new Mercedes-Benz now for 6 months and I can't wait to trade it. I wanted to trade it the first week after I purchased it but I was encouraged to drive it more because I "was just probably not accustomed to driving a German-engineered car." I developed calluses on my hands because the steering is so tight. The longer I keep the car the smaller the interior seems to get. I don't get the benefit of the instrumentation technology and upgraded sound system because it is too complicated for me to use. Everything stains the upgraded leather interior. I have already had the seating re-dyed. I hope this has been my first and last poor car purchase decision.

Universal Garage Door Opener

Simplify the instrumentation and make it easily accessible. Enlarge the interior. Improve steering. Basically, re-design the car.

Over Priced Junk
By Chip

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Mercedes Benz advertises and sells this as a sports sedan (C320WZ), not even close, I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. The transmission and build quailty are awful at best. For a European sports sedan, it's the wrost I have ever owned. Will never buy another Mercedes Benz product. Automatic transmission is absolutely the worst in the industry, and downshifts whenever it wants!

Very nice looking car.

Focus on build quality and taking care of your customers. Stop making excuses.

AWESOME
By PCG Banker

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car has far exceeded my expectations for a lower end Merc. Its absolutely wonderful to drive. Deliberate at slow speeds, aggressive with optimized shift points, growl, with more torque than a BMW 330i which I was going to buy. Much better looking ride and a dealer who deals. Middle aged men and women stare at car commenting daily. Safety is unreal.

Acceleration and torque are all you really want. Interior is fantastic with blue, red, orange, white panel lights. Quiet and smooth. Harmon Kardon stereo is thumpin'!

Shift mechanism for manual mode moves from left to right as opposed to up and down which I like better on the BMW but with the shift points optimized under normal sport driving mode there is no need to use shift.