Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Luxury 4MATIC Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Many Repairs
By strollershopper

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this '05 4Matic certified pre- owned two years ago. I have never had a car which was this new, in the shop as many times as this! Valve cover blew, problems with the automatic window/sunroof "summer" feature in the door handle, voltage regulator replacement after dash lights kept dimming, differential replacement, and now, knocking in the front end. Interior feels cheap, radio is absolutely horrible. "Leather seating inserts" are a crafty way of saying "mostly vinyl." Loud clunking of windshield wipers, and blasting loud defroster which first makes the windows totally fogged up, then clears them. Go figure with that one.

Favorite Features

Bad things aside, it drives great and is actually fun to drive. Decent in the snow with no problems.

Suggested Improvements

Better climate control system, sound system, quieter windshield wipers, dependability. For such a little car, fuel economy could be a lot better.

Excellent Used Car.
By LJKelley

I bought a pristine 2005 used C240 4Matic in 2007 and have been extremely thrilled by the car and service from MB. Drives great, interior is the best in its class and I think the exterior is very iconic. The 4matic has been a great feature for the Snow here in Rochester, NY. The car is extremely solid and you feel very safe no matter your driving conditions.

Favorite Features

I have always enjoyed the indash LCD thats gives you complete control of your car including check your oil level if desired. The feel of this car is great and handles great in the snow.

Suggested Improvements

I think fuel economy is always a thing to be improved in this day and age. Also I wiring for a phone system can be expensive though new 2008 C Classes have phone features standard.

Great Car - Bad Tires
By D. Parent

I love the car. However, in spite of the fact that I drive it less than 12,000 miles a year, and always on well-kept expressways, I have had to replace 4 of my Continental tires in the past 15 months for bulges in the sidewalls "caused by pot holes" according to my MB service rep!

Favorite Features

Drives like a dream - in spite of it's smaller engine. A long trip is a pleasure.

Suggested Improvements

Continental tires are really poor quality, and the manufacturer doesn't stand behind them - very subject to bulges in side walls.

2005 C240 4matic
By cnyc

I've had the car for about 4 months, and it's a great ride. Acceleration from a stop could be a little quicker, but once you get up to speed, this car rides nice. The 4Matic works great in the snow, and heavy rain. The car feels extremely solid for a smaller luxury car, and it handles very nicely. The interior design for 2005 makes a big difference, and looks much better than Audi, or BMW.

Favorite Features

interior looks, tiptronic transmission, steering wheel controls.

Suggested Improvements

Free scheduled maintenance like BMW !! $200 for an oil change is ridiculous. Gas mileage could also be better. Highway averages about 22.5 mpg.

Love my car
By jwlk0727

I bought this car somewhat relunctantly, because "the car guys" were not really enthusiastic about it. I think that they're wrong. I traded a 2000 Audi A4 1.8TQ for this car, and I think that it's just as good if not better than the Audi. It's quiet with a smooth ride, and I love all the standard features. I got a good deal on the car, and I think that it's a great value for the money. I love my new car.

Favorite Features

Ride, auto headlights, rain sensing wipers, audio

Suggested Improvements

A little more horsepower