2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Many Repairs
By strollershopper on 04/13/10 12:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this '05 4Matic certified pre- owned two years ago. I have never had a car which was this new, in the shop as many times as this! Valve cover blew, problems with the automatic window/sunroof "summer" feature in the door handle, voltage regulator replacement after dash lights kept dimming, differential replacement, and now, knocking in the front end. Interior feels cheap, radio is absolutely horrible. "Leather seating inserts" are a crafty way of saying "mostly vinyl." Loud clunking of windshield wipers, and blasting loud defroster which first makes the windows totally fogged up, then clears them. Go figure with that one.

Excellent Used Car.
By LJKelley on 04/11/08 17:35 PM (PDT)

I bought a pristine 2005 used C240 4Matic in 2007 and have been extremely thrilled by the car and service from MB. Drives great, interior is the best in its class and I think the exterior is very iconic. The 4matic has been a great feature for the Snow here in Rochester, NY. The car is extremely solid and you feel very safe no matter your driving conditions.

Great Car - Bad Tires
By D. Parent on 04/08/08 21:32 PM (PDT)

I love the car. However, in spite of the fact that I drive it less than 12,000 miles a year, and always on well-kept expressways, I have had to replace 4 of my Continental tires in the past 15 months for bulges in the sidewalls "caused by pot holes" according to my MB service rep!

2005 C240 4matic
By cnyc on 02/09/06 15:07 PM (PST)

I've had the car for about 4 months, and it's a great ride. Acceleration from a stop could be a little quicker, but once you get up to speed, this car rides nice. The 4Matic works great in the snow, and heavy rain. The car feels extremely solid for a smaller luxury car, and it handles very nicely. The interior design for 2005 makes a big difference, and looks much better than Audi, or BMW.

Love my car
By jwlk0727 on 06/25/05 09:21 AM (PDT)

I bought this car somewhat relunctantly, because "the car guys" were not really enthusiastic about it. I think that they're wrong. I traded a 2000 Audi A4 1.8TQ for this car, and I think that it's just as good if not better than the Audi. It's quiet with a smooth ride, and I love all the standard features. I got a good deal on the car, and I think that it's a great value for the money. I love my new car.

Disappointed
By Polly Roberts on 04/27/05 23:07 PM (PDT)

I am very disappointed with this new C- Class and the customer service. This car drives worse than any vehicle I have ever owned. It constantly pulls to the right and the service department only argues over every issue. I got a SRS INOP warning light that said drive to workshop immediately and called the service department and they said no big deal. The next time you bring it in we'll check it. I had to call roadside service because of a blowout on the right front tire and the lady at the 800 number said the car should not be driven at all with that warning light on and they should have towed the car immediately, which only had 3,000 miles on it. They had to replace the drivers airbag.

Baby Benz sends an awsome statement!
By Ronmitch on 04/07/05 20:46 PM (PDT)

This is the Best small car on the market. This Car is luxury in a small package. When you close the door of this car it feels like you've closed a vault. Solid, smooth, and it rides like a big luxury sedan.

This is the CAR
By COMPLA768 on 03/27/05 22:44 PM (PST)

My First MB. It is fun to drive, takes curves like it is on rails. 1/4 clocked at 100 mph. With the adjustable steering wheel and CD Changer and all the options, it is such a luxury. My 3 year old eggs me on "Go Faster Daddy". Don't bother buying this car without the 4matic. My neighbor has one and he spends more time digging it out from the snow than driving it.

Love my C240 4 Matic!
By cliffreuter.com on 03/25/05 08:39 AM (PST)

Just turned 13,000 miles after six months and have loved every mile! The car handles beautifully and has a tight solid ride. The fit and finish is excellent and the new body style always attracts attention. It looks like a 90k car on the inside and has many of the same features. The new body style, interior, gauges, and suspension make the 2005 C240 4Matic the best in its class.

Review for Mercedes C240
By sandra on 02/01/05 09:23 AM (PST)

I bought the C240 in Jan. 2005 and love it. It is a new vehicle with 6 miles to begin with on it. It is stylish and handles well. It is wider than the Volvo that I traded in and feels a lot heavier and safer to drive.The panel is clear and easy to follow/program. It is good in snow and severe weather which is why I bought it since I live in the mountains (Park City, Ut). It doesn't have the power that the Volvo S60 had but has more power than the C240 that I had in 2002. I am pleased with the car and the way it handles.