Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Luxury 4MATIC Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Nothing but problems
By tiaguessa

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Since we purchased our c-class it's been a horrible experience. Engine had tapping noise since day one, dealership said that knocking / tapping noise is normal. It leaks like crazy, you can smell oil buring in the car. We have replaced the rear main seal ($1300.00), valve cover gaskets ($650.00) and now the transfer case has to be replaced, $3000.00. Still smells and leaks. We came from Acura to MB because I have owned several older MB's and loved them but we wanted a new one. The dealership is the worst, Chevrolet dealership disguised as a MB dealership. The car is total junk, never own another one. Going to back to Acura.

Handles like a dream. Great in the snow. Beautiful car. Nothing beats MB Black.

Update the radio, for the age, it's very dated.

There's nothing like owning one!
By Cheryl

This is my second C-Class. My first (2001 C240) was so phenomenal that I hesitated trading it for this one. I can honestly say that this car is an improvement over my old one! Naturally it is more powerful (almost too powerful!) and it commands your attention.

Gas mileage average 27mpg highway; 4matic is a must in CT; comfortable front seats; all the most important features of a luxury car (including a fantastic sound system) and just plain fun to drive and be seen in!

Back seats are a little hard (but I don't have too many back there to break them in), not a lot of backseat legroom.

C320 4Matic
By cdrscee

This is every bit a Mercedes. It may be the entry level but it lacks nothing in handling, luxury or safety and fit. You pull up next to a Cadillac and you know why you chose Mercedes.

The look and feel of a quality car. The slap stick shifter. Attention to detail.

Awesome Car-Mercedes C320 4-Matic '05
By WhiteSox

I had driven this car for over 10,000 miles now and this car is fun to drive, responsive and best of all, I get about 24 miles per gallon. On rainy days, I felt that I am much more in control with the 4-Matic and would get another Mercedes for my next car.

Great Car
By D. Fuhrmann

Great car to drive, especially with the 4 wheel drive. Very comfortable. Could use more horsepower.Compared with the Cadillac Seville STS I drove befroe this car, the C 320 is heaven to drive. Only two problems right off the factory floor: License plate light did not work, and airconditioner leaked coolant. Both were repaired after (unfortunately)several visits to the dealer. No problems since.

4-matic

More horsepower, Plastic parts on side of front seats look cheap and have sharp edges.