Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Luxury Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Best Car I've ever owned
By aquilank

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

My main features: Noise and MPG. Almost no wind noise, very little road noise, and slightly more engine noise. Quieter than my 1995 Lexus ES 300, yet not nearly as quiet as the 2007 ES 350 I test drove. Best mpg in its class (compact luxury vehicles). I routinely get 26+ mpg on the freeway and 20-23 in town. It has tighter German suspension than the US and Japanese cars I've been driving and it accelerates smoothly and quickly. All in all, its the most fun car I've ever driven. I actually go out of my way to find longer routes because I enjoy driving it so much. Cons: $200 for 1 key, $2000 to use the installed phone, $500 to hook up my ipod. Ridiculous! Even Cobalt has this free.

Exhilarating drive, reasonably quiet, looks great, inside and out, great mpg for a compact luxury car (one of the best in its class).

MB rips you off on the proprietary aspects! $200 for 1 extra key, costs $2000 to use the phone features, $500 just to hook up your ipod. This stuff is standard on even the cheapest cars being built currently. Dealer repairs are extremely expensive.

Beautiful Car
By Thurmond

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted a classic black MB that I could keep for a long time. This truly is one. I love the iconic look (double round headlights)of the car like a classic MB. The car is incredibly smooth and fun to drive. I took it in for service and was given a new 08 C300 to drive. It feels/looks like a Chrysler 300 on the inside...cheap cheap cheap. What was MB thinking. I couldn't be happier in my 3 year old MB which feels like a real MB compared to the new ones.

The whole car.

Everything I would improve they did on the new 08's.

Our Mercedes
By Jimmy

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I sell cars for a living. Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo to be exact. I had some hesitation about buying a pre-owned Mercedes. This car is, without a doubt, the nicest sedan I have ever driven. The folks at M-B know how to design and build a sedan. The 2.6 ltr. provides more than adequate power while delivering excellent fuel economy.Handling and road manners are awesome! So far, no mechanical issues and we are planning on purchasing an extended warranty when the factory expires. They can be expensive when they break. We are now planning on purchasing a 2005 C-Class Wagon.

Quality of build, interior layout, long-distance passenger comfort, multi- function controls and settings, overall styling.

Cheap chrome ring around cupholder is peeling.

Wow car
By Art B.

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have no regrets in getting my '05 C240. I love everything about the car. Interior not only looks great, but is very confortable even on long trips. Only wish is the car should have 17" wheels instead of the 16" stock.

Only in a Benz
By Robert Ray

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love every aspect of this car. From the stylish design to the pounce of the 2.8ltr motor. Mercedes Benz has continued to excede our high standards in every way.

I love the contour of the interior, the way it looks and flows. It wraps everything you need close to your finger tips. It's well designed, oversized, power plant is responsive, yet exceptionally quiet. The style and overall concept of the car has brought countless praise. We can't say enough.

None