2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Best Car I've ever owned
By aquilank on 08/22/09 00:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

My main features: Noise and MPG. Almost no wind noise, very little road noise, and slightly more engine noise. Quieter than my 1995 Lexus ES 300, yet not nearly as quiet as the 2007 ES 350 I test drove. Best mpg in its class (compact luxury vehicles). I routinely get 26+ mpg on the freeway and 20-23 in town. It has tighter German suspension than the US and Japanese cars I've been driving and it accelerates smoothly and quickly. All in all, its the most fun car I've ever driven. I actually go out of my way to find longer routes because I enjoy driving it so much. Cons: $200 for 1 key, $2000 to use the installed phone, $500 to hook up my ipod. Ridiculous! Even Cobalt has this free.

Beautiful Car
By Thurmond on 10/16/08 14:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted a classic black MB that I could keep for a long time. This truly is one. I love the iconic look (double round headlights)of the car like a classic MB. The car is incredibly smooth and fun to drive. I took it in for service and was given a new 08 C300 to drive. It feels/looks like a Chrysler 300 on the inside...cheap cheap cheap. What was MB thinking. I couldn't be happier in my 3 year old MB which feels like a real MB compared to the new ones.

Our Mercedes
By Jimmy on 05/23/07 18:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I sell cars for a living. Lincoln, Mercury and Volvo to be exact. I had some hesitation about buying a pre-owned Mercedes. This car is, without a doubt, the nicest sedan I have ever driven. The folks at M-B know how to design and build a sedan. The 2.6 ltr. provides more than adequate power while delivering excellent fuel economy.Handling and road manners are awesome! So far, no mechanical issues and we are planning on purchasing an extended warranty when the factory expires. They can be expensive when they break. We are now planning on purchasing a 2005 C-Class Wagon.

Wow car
By Art B. on 06/10/06 16:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have no regrets in getting my '05 C240. I love everything about the car. Interior not only looks great, but is very confortable even on long trips. Only wish is the car should have 17" wheels instead of the 16" stock.

Only in a Benz
By Robert Ray on 07/10/05 11:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love every aspect of this car. From the stylish design to the pounce of the 2.8ltr motor. Mercedes Benz has continued to excede our high standards in every way.

Fun to Drive
By Dan on 06/12/05 07:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

One of the best vehicles I've owned. I've owned 3 Infiniti's and the Mercedez is the best by far. It's overall handling and performance makes it tops in my book.

Problems encountered at 3,070 mi
By jood on 04/29/05 11:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I can't complain much about the performance of this entry-level-luxury Benz. Though it has a weak V6(168hp), it's still FUN to drive. At 3,070 miles today, I'm taking my car to the dealer because of the SRS MULFUNCTION and a stereo system sound problem - sound was distorted last week, both radio & CD. Yesterday, there was no sound coming out at all -and i got the "entertainment package". But it's the SRS problem I'm worried about. It's a safety issue, and I still have to drive all the way to the dealer (without aibags and safety measure devices)

Disappointed
By disappointed on 02/19/05 11:34 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I had always wanted a Mercedes, (who doesnt) The first six months were great, then things started to go wrong. The lighter never worked ( I'm not a smoker so it took a while for me to notice) I've needed a new catalytic converter, starter, spark plugs, vacuum hose, plus it makes a squeaky noise sometimes, not too loud but annoying just the same. It's a new car. I should not be on a first name basis with the people in the service department, though they do wash my car after every visit

Wonderful Auto
By William Wood on 01/13/05 00:48 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

From the drive away from the dealer, we have enjoyed every moment. We were Toyota Camry fans but now there is no way we would give up our MB.

Exceptional automobile
By pbris on 12/20/04 19:20 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Luxury Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned numerous luxury cars, I can say without exception this car is everything a luxury car should be. It sets the standard for others to follow.