Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 169 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Unbelievable car
By Sage

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is the best car I have ever owned, it rides so smooth and accelerates really good for a 4 cylinder thanks to the supercharger, and it will brake one a dime. And the fuel efficiency is even better I average 30 to 35 mpg on highway and about 20 to 25 in city. And there is plenty of space in the car and trunk. The things that I wish were different on my car is the front brakes and I wish that the tires wouldn't ware out so fast, after about 20,000 miles the front tires were bald and they were new when I bought them. Other then that I will always want to have a mercedes because of this car.

A Tiger on the Road
By sgbmedia

I bought my 2005 C230K at 67,000 mi for $13,000 three years ago and just turned 165,000 mi and am very pleased with it. I drive between Phoenix, Los Angeles and Las Vegas weekly and it has really never let me down. Plenty of kick from the supercharged 1.8L 4 cyl engine and the slap shift auto trans is great although it tends to over rev when putting it through extreme shifts at 70mph+.

The 1.8L V4 engine with 6 speed auto trans.

Better quality front brakes. The stock brakes need to be totally replaced @ 30,000 mi including rotors.

Nothing but problems
By tiaguessa

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Luxury Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Since we purchased our c-class it's been a horrible experience. Engine had tapping noise since day one, dealership said that knocking / tapping noise is normal. It leaks like crazy, you can smell oil buring in the car. We have replaced the rear main seal ($1300.00), valve cover gaskets ($650.00) and now the transfer case has to be replaced, $3000.00. Still smells and leaks. We came from Acura to MB because I have owned several older MB's and loved them but we wanted a new one. The dealership is the worst, Chevrolet dealership disguised as a MB dealership. The car is total junk, never own another one. Going to back to Acura.

The Best Used Car You Can Purchase
By everettbarnes

Bought this car used for 13.5K in 2010 with 60K miles. Surprisingly at this price point in 2010 other cars of different brands did not come equipped with side airbags (Chevy, Ford, etc.) excluding BMW which was more expensive and Asian cars which I wouldnt touch for fear of build quality. Even though this car is the entry level model of Mercedes build quality is unreal. When you shut the doors you feel like you are in a concert hall. Very good audio, hardly any rattles, incredibly solid and heavy door feel and overall what you expect from true German engineering. Next comes the drive.. Oh My Gosh. The supercharger kicks in at very low RPMs and the steering is tight and precise.

Incredibly smooth ride due to long wheelbase. Accurate and smooth transmission. Steering wheel controls. Safe feeling while driving.

If you purchase this car BE PREPARED to spend 1000's at the Benz dealership or take the time consuming but far less expensive route of home maintentance. Owning this car for 40,000 miles I have had to replace the alternator, and change all the fluids routinely as well as constant brake wear maintenance. Just yesterday the tensioner pulley broke which is common at 90K-100K miles which is sad but I still love this car. After 4 hours and 200 dollars the car will be good as new and will run strongly for another 10,000 miles until some other finicky thing breaks. Oh well like I said the more repairs the more I love this car. :)

Great car but w/typical euro bugs
By vadersv8

I've had this car for about 3 mo's and bought it used with 78k and so far it's been a decent car.

My gripe is mainly the lil buggy issues.

1. Driver side front parking lamp went out, now it's working again.

2. Instrument cluster stopped working however the center digital center gauge is working fine and the dash lights still work. In other words, all the needles are at 0.

It's an excellend drive and it's pretty quiet on the road/freeway but Mercedes is suppose to be a well made automobile, but with little annoying things like this coming up it could potentially make the driver not want to purchase this brand of car again.

Ps: This car has automatic trans.

handling, suspension, rear shade, smooth ride.

electronics.