Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Best Car I've ever owned!
By Steve B

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C230 Kompressor Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I love this car, it is not the fastest car I have ever owned but is more than fast enough. It is not the best MPG car I have ever owned but gets far better mileage than any other car I know of with similar performance. It turns heads even though it is a 5 year old design, I love the Mars red color. I haven't had it long enough to really evaluate reliability, but have talked to several owners who have had now significant problems including one who's daughter has been driving one since she got her license and with 156k on it still loves the car. Mine is a one owner and has only 40k miles on it, it looks, drives, and smells like a brand new car. My Mileage has averaged about 20 city, 30 hwy.

Performance, handling, MPG, sound system, and all the other bells and whistles.

Free iPod interface would have been nice, otherwise none.

Great Car with exceptional balance!
By MB lover

Bought it used at 13k miles in 2/2006 and it's 62K now in 6/2010. No problem whatsoever (but I don't race or abuse it though, always garaged), solid and well-built, it's powerful when needed (thanks to the Supercharger), fuel economical when driving conservatively (4 cylinder topped 36mpg in 2 hour trip on secondary hwy with A/C set to 1, backseat fits 2 adults almost 6 feet tall (my car pool). Panoramic roof fills the car with openness, trunk is so roomy and practical with both backseat folded down, styling is subjective (just the right balance- I love it!)

Supercharger w/ 4 cylinder, tiptronic shift, Panny roof, styling.

A 7-speed trans will yield even better hwy mpg.

My Outlet
By genesisthree

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C320 Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is a high performing car. I feel I can and will take anyone on the highway. The passing power is splendid. I like the fact that i can choose Comfort or Sporting and the tranny responds to the way I drive.When I am in Comfort it is a more plesant ride withthe supension but cornering and speed is sacrafice. It is still fast with this in mind.It encourage others around you to (especially out dated Hondas) to attempt to compete. Most on the road will let you pass or won't cut you off because it's a Mercedes and they can tell it's fast. I have the black coupe which looks sweet. I get looks and the car washers love the car. I like the Panny roof and the sound systems is awesome. I love my car!

Engine, stering, speed, seats and panny roof, dashboard

Nothing. I really love the 6 cylinders and like one reviewer says this car wants and begs to be driven fast. It is fun and I love the fact that I can get to point A to B without noticing how long it takes. This is a true driving machine

A fun to drive fuel efficient hatch
By Dmitry

Wanted to share with everyone my experience with the 2005 C230 coupe. Bought the car when it had 17000 miles from a Nissan dealer. So far have put 11000 more miles. No problems at all. Best of all the fuel economy on the car is superb. I usually get 300-320 miles out of a tank combined city/highway driving. And I live in NYC. That should say a lot. Car has great handling, not very fast, but I think it's because I have an auto, not a stick. Nonetheless for someone who wants a Benz that is compact, problem- free and fun to drive I really recommend the car. One other feature I like is that it comes from factory with a sport exhaust. Has that nice low sound when you accelerate. Thank you

Not a Single Problem in Over a Year!
By tweeze

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C320 Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have had my C320 Sport Coupe for 14 months now and have never had any problems. The only time it has gone to the dealer is for it's first oil change at 1 year - that I find amazing in itself! Service is only required every 13,000 miles or 12 months. Very fun to drive, very good road-holding. Dealership has treated me like a king. I was a little apprehensive to buy a Benz because of Consumer Reports giving them a bad rating. My personal experience, though, has been this is the first new car I have ever owned that has never had to go to the dealer for any adjustments or fixes. Talk about a carefree ownership experience!

Panorama roof, fun to drive

Keep making this car! Don't know why it was discontinued after 2005 model year.