2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Love it Love it Love it
By kalvin97gagt on 09/15/12 00:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this car about 3 months ago used with 37k miles from the 2nd owner. It's what you expect from a german car, tight and solid but yet refined while hugging the road like a sports car. The ride is perfect, not harsh and not too loose like other non AMG models. The engine roars you through the rpm range and makes a great sound. The car is plenty quick, but it would be a monster with the 5.4 Supercharged version found in the E55

4 door Porsche
By Rudy on 09/30/08 17:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I bought it as a birthday present for my wife knowing I would do some of the driving myself. She loves the looks and ride and I love the hotrod aspect. My partner has a 2003 BMW M3 and I've driven it quit a few times. The C55 is just a quick and best of all it delivers the power much more smoothly. I highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a four door Porsche.

Pocket Rocket
By rgd on 03/06/07 20:23 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Although a little pricey, this car is worth every cent. After owning other Mercedes, a BMW, a Corvette and a Ferrari, I can honestly say that this car is the most fun and the most practical to drive. It has excellent road manners whether in the city or out on the highway. Even after opening it up on the road, it still gets around 20 mpg. The engine is a masterpiece in sound, speed and appearance. The suspension is fantastic and the tires work very hard. I can only begin to imagine what the C63 will be like.

Diamond Black C55
By mizutiger on 09/27/06 11:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle has surpassed my expectations. I had two M3's before this car. I miss the exterior design of the M3, but nothing else. This car's interior is first rate. The stereo is first rate (unlike the M3 it can handle bass). The ride is nicer than the M3 as well. I understand they cancelled the C55. I guess they couldn't fit the 6.3 litre motor in the compartment. Its a shame because I think this is a perfect small sports sedan. One of the best I have driven.

A German muscle car
By Elliott91 on 06/24/06 11:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I thought it was time for a true sports car till I drove this hot rod. I've had the car 18 months and it has performed flawlessly, except I wore the rear tires off at 4,500 miles, but I guess that's my fault. I really like the exclusivity of the AMG package. Not quite the nimble handling of a BMW, but a more refined package overall. Fit and finish are first rate. Mine's Diamond Black and I get compliments on the color all the time. It's great to dust 350Z's Mustang GT's and other "quick" cars in my little sedan.

One Bad Benz
By FMRacer on 06/07/06 15:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car! As a (former?) Porschephile I can appreciate the raw power and the usual German quality this car provides. It's a keeper. Sometimes the transmission seems to have a mind of its own as I find myself in manual mode at the strangest times. Maybe I'm hitting the paddle and not realizing it? The power is awesome, the low profile tires make it really handle well and the exterior is mundane enough as to not draw attention from the cops. What a deal!

Wow!
By terracer on 06/03/06 18:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I came out of a Porsche Boxster wanting something with four doors and performance. I did my homework and decided on the C55 AMG. I couldn't be more happier. It's faster than a Boxster and doesn't draw near the attention of a 2 seater sportscar. The tiptronic style transmission with the paddles on the steering wheel is nice but I usually simply put the car in "D". After 6 tanks of gas I'm averaging just over 20 MPG. Not too bad. The climate control works well and the cruise control and other "don't have to take you hands off the wheel" controls are perfect. The enterior as a whole is well done with the center glove box being adjustable up and down- nice touch- Awesome car

Wow!
By terracer on 06/03/06 18:54 PM (PDT)

Effortless Power, Unique and Rare
By Chuck on 01/10/06 22:22 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This car is outstanding! I have now owned the C55 AMG for over a year and I still am not tired one bit from driving it daily. The power is absolutly supurb, so great it can stay dead even with my Dodge Viper! The main reason I bought the C55 is not only because of its monstrous 362hp V8 but because it is very rare and unique. Today I still have not seen another one on the road! When you buy this car do not expect people to be taking pictures of the car out their windows, But Once in a while you will notice someone checking out the car. For the most part this car sleeps under the radar until you "OPEN HER UP" and let all the people around you hear the car's V8 roar.

Yeah Baby
By Robert on 11/23/05 19:54 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

What else could anyone want? Power, refinement, good visibility and a silver arrow on the hood! This car has provided thrills from day one! There are bigger and faster cars out there, but none right now that can compare in theis segment.(Sorry CTS-V and S4)