Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Best Car I've ever owned!
By Steve B

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I love this car, it is not the fastest car I have ever owned but is more than fast enough. It is not the best MPG car I have ever owned but gets far better mileage than any other car I know of with similar performance. It turns heads even though it is a 5 year old design, I love the Mars red color. I haven't had it long enough to really evaluate reliability, but have talked to several owners who have had now significant problems including one who's daughter has been driving one since she got her license and with 156k on it still loves the car. Mine is a one owner and has only 40k miles on it, it looks, drives, and smells like a brand new car. My Mileage has averaged about 20 city, 30 hwy.

Performance, handling, MPG, sound system, and all the other bells and whistles.

Free iPod interface would have been nice, otherwise none.

Great Car with exceptional balance!
By MB lover

Bought it used at 13k miles in 2/2006 and it's 62K now in 6/2010. No problem whatsoever (but I don't race or abuse it though, always garaged), solid and well-built, it's powerful when needed (thanks to the Supercharger), fuel economical when driving conservatively (4 cylinder topped 36mpg in 2 hour trip on secondary hwy with A/C set to 1, backseat fits 2 adults almost 6 feet tall (my car pool). Panoramic roof fills the car with openness, trunk is so roomy and practical with both backseat folded down, styling is subjective (just the right balance- I love it!)

Supercharger w/ 4 cylinder, tiptronic shift, Panny roof, styling.

A 7-speed trans will yield even better hwy mpg.

A fun to drive fuel efficient hatch
By Dmitry

Wanted to share with everyone my experience with the 2005 C230 coupe. Bought the car when it had 17000 miles from a Nissan dealer. So far have put 11000 more miles. No problems at all. Best of all the fuel economy on the car is superb. I usually get 300-320 miles out of a tank combined city/highway driving. And I live in NYC. That should say a lot. Car has great handling, not very fast, but I think it's because I have an auto, not a stick. Nonetheless for someone who wants a Benz that is compact, problem- free and fun to drive I really recommend the car. One other feature I like is that it comes from factory with a sport exhaust. Has that nice low sound when you accelerate. Thank you

My favorite car
By Nicky

This is the best car I have ever had. I love getting into it and driving it every day. This is my second one. I bought the first one two months before, but some one rear ended me on the freeway and smashed my car into the car in front of me. My first one was totalled, but I was not hurt. I replaced it with the exact same model and even chose the same color, Iridium silver. I am sure this wonderful car saved my life in that accident. We have 3 Mercedes C-230 coupes in our family. I wish Mercedes would continue making this wonderful car forever.

My favorite features are it's safety, it's look, it's comfort, handling and it has excellent storage space for such a small car.

Nothing can be done to improve this car. It's perfect.

Early in the life of the new Benz
By x MINI COOPER

The C230 replaced a 2002 launch edition MINI cooper. The C230 is a much different car, more comfort, no where near the razor edge handling of the MINI. MINI had reliability problems from day 1. Service could never fix the issues. MB dealer treated the customer fairly with respect, unlike MINI service. Leagues more power than MINI, darn near the same mileage.

Panorama sunroof, engine power, heated seats, Evolution package

Standard power adjusting seats and standard heated seats.