2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
love the car
By hockii on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

lovely to look at lovely to drive good car for the inexpnsive luxury car love it get compliments all the time

Underappreciated Sports Sedan
By Quantum_Mechanic on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I find this is a nimble, solid, and fairly spirited sports sedan - not a position all of the automotive press takes on the C series. In fact when test driviung it seemed as good, albeit less powerful, than my brother's (much more expensive)'02 BMW 330i. But I did find a review (Motor Trend?) where the reviewers liked the driving dynamics of the C-230 better that the well-liked Acura TSX. That made sense to me. I liked the '04's low and wide stance and was able to get an irresistable deal on a 6-spd. Its a great driver, but Ive only had it a few days so I can't comment on its reliability.

I love this car!
By brcoen on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

The design, performance...everything about this car is awesome! It handles great and will not dissapoint you. I drove everything including the 3- series, IS300, A4 Quattro, G35 and this was by far the best.

Wifes Benz
By ARBO on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

Safety and the Mercedes name are what brought me to this car. We like the car except it lacks comfort for long trips. Our hind ends go from pain to numb after a couple of hours in the car. Also, we find the climate control to be confusing to figure out. And make sure someone cramped into the rear seat gets fair warning before you turn of the car, the front seat will be coming back into their knee space automaticaly.

I Love It
By GTIII on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Beautiful Car, I am seven months in, no problems, price was right, features are exceptional. Did have to purchase winter tires. This ride is a head turner. Highly recommend.

my baby benz
By sue pressler on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

i like my car

BMW owner buys a Benz
By pj42nato on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

I priced a 325I & a C230. With the same options the Benz came in $3K less and had more bells & whistles. The acceleration on the Benz is excellent from the 1.8SC engin. The sport suspension makes the car hold the road very very well. I compare this car to my 91 525, which was the best car I ever owned. The C230 driver seat SUCKS. There is no lumbar support. No upgrading to the multi-contour seat unless you spend $10k more & go to the C320. The std radio is a big disappointment. The bass is hardly noticeable. When you start off slowly the electronic trans gets confused & the car bucks. The car is worth the $30K.

Cool Car
By twrex on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Fun car to drive - looks great. Did cost much more than the "everyone has one" Accord.

My First
By RW107141 on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Having grown tired of the SUV's and pickup trucks I've driven for the past 12 years, I started shopping for a new sedan. I wanted high quality, fuel efficiency, driving comfort, and that 'something special'. After test-driving the C230K with auto transmission, CD changer, heated front seats and the sunroof package in exterior black, I was sold. The Mercedes Benz of Alexandria sales team gave me a good price for the automobile and a surprisingly good price for my SUV trade-in. Today, for the first time in 18 years, I hopped in the car to take a drive just for the fun of it.

GREAT!!!!
By wilkinson on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Previously owned a BMW 323i which I did love but there is no comparing w/ my new C230 -- The C230 is much sporty and easier to handle. I love this car!! Great visual appeal.