Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Better than I ever hoped for
By susan

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I turned in a ML320 for this car and was worried about driving in New England in the winter, but I was pleasantly surprised. This vehicle got me through a terrible storm - plows had not gotten out yet and there was well over 6 inches of snow on the ground and more coming down - with the utmost stability. I don't understand the complaints about front seat comfort. I drive from the Hartford CT area to the Mid Hudson Valley weekly, and commute 25 miles to work each day, and find the car to be extremely comfortable.

Handling, comfort, sunroof, agility

Dump the cup holder, put in an in-dash CD player (standard), full power front seat adjustments

Not Bad Entry Level Luxury Car
By Rupert Butterworth

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

This isn't a bad little car. Like others have mentioned it is NOT comfortable for the long haul. Seats are very firm up front and the kids complain about being cramped in the rear. The hesitation from stop is scary. Have almost been creamed a few times because of the hesitation. Those issues aside--fuel mileage is in the upper 20's on the highway, high teens in the city; It's much quieter than our old car- a 2002 Honda Accord. This isn't a bad car, just some quirks.

We like the dual zone climate control; seat warmers, 4Matic all wheel drive, 5 speed auto transmission with auto shift; speakers aren't too bad either; it's supprisingly quiet at higher speeds (around 80-100mph).

Cup holders? Ditch the flimsy after thought cup holder, fix the acceleration hesitation from a stop-- it's scary! Make a six disc in dash CD player standard!

2004 Mercedes-Benz C230 - Delivers What You'd Expect
By Mike T

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The Mercedes-Benz C230 Sedan has a lot going for it. It is a reasonably priced car with great build quality, great gas mileage, and more comfort and elbow room than the 2000 BMW 3-Series I used to drive.

Excellent, highly adjustable seats. Auto-sensing windshield wipers. On- board computer provides a lot of useful information.

The Bose sound system is a joke. The radio reception is poor and the speakers lack top end and bottom end.

2004 Mercedes-Benz C230K - I Love This Car
By kristin

My 2004 C230K is my very first Mercedes-Benz and I have no idea how I can ever go back to regular cars. This car performs like no other I have driven. It handles better then any car in its class! Go test drive it and see for yourself! It was love at first sight. It is a little pricey but it is worth every penny. I love my car so much and I get so many compliments.

Performance, Sound system, interior and exterior

I have not yet tested it in the snow, which I am dreading, but on dry roads it is amazing. It performs wonderfully, I would not change a thing except make the C230 Kompressor Sedan all Wheel drive. PLEASE!

Disappointed
By Disappointed

Buyer beware of this piece of crap! The car has had nothing but problems - 3000 kms and it has been into dealer 5 times now. They have had it for two weeks so far. 1st they replaced the fuel injectors, now the kompressor. Wrong kompressor installed by factory - really makes you wonder - Still not fixed! Maybe the dealer is incompetent! No loner offered. I would really think twice before buying another Mercedes. A real Lemon! High end Junk!

None. Haven't been able to drive it much. Its been in the shop most of the time

Need to improve customer interface and take responsibility when they put out a lemon!!!!!!!! Can't see how they will survive if quality isn't improved! High end junk!