2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Great Car!
By Carmel by the Sea on 04/14/05 19:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

As a former Porsche 911 SC owner it would take a pretty impressive automobile to compete with a Porsche. My Mercedes is such a fun car to drive with an impressive list of safety features. I didn't think that it would have much power, however. Although not the Porsche, it does have impressive pick up when needed. My only wish for the car would be a rear wind shield washer. I love this car so much that my best friend went out and bought the identical model! She loves it too!

Excellent Overall
By vinnie on 02/19/05 13:34 PM (PST)

Had car for 10 months. Had BMW5. Now BMW7 and X5. Considered BMW3 but chose this car. Much smoother ride than BMW3. Much quieter than BMW3. 95% of time I'm not cornering the hell out of the car when BMW3 would have an edge so why compromise for a bumpy and noisy BMW3 ride? Nothing's for free, but this car has exceptional balance of acceleration at all speeds. Compressor w/ a small engine but great gas mileage of 22 to 30. Has full safety features and feels that way too. MUST get full leather and full power seats. Cloth is cheap. Exterior rear styling is a bit quirky. Twice in shop for water coolant level detection - tolerable. Mars red color is totally special. One of my favorite cars ever.

4 month review
By charles on 02/10/05 18:16 PM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Wagon (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

Good handling, adequate performance, fit and finish good. I have had the vehicle for four months and I'm not convinced that reliability will be very good. Would not start on a couple ofoccasions. Dealer could not duplicate the problem. Not much room in rear seat for adults.

Not Bad Entry Level Luxury Car
By Rupert Butterworth on 01/07/05 00:32 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

This isn't a bad little car. Like others have mentioned it is NOT comfortable for the long haul. Seats are very firm up front and the kids complain about being cramped in the rear. The hesitation from stop is scary. Have almost been creamed a few times because of the hesitation. Those issues aside--fuel mileage is in the upper 20's on the highway, high teens in the city; It's much quieter than our old car- a 2002 Honda Accord. This isn't a bad car, just some quirks.

Treat Yourself to this Entry-Level Dream
By Maury Cone on 12/27/04 01:35 AM (PST)

Fun, fun, fun...everything you would expect in a finely made German automobile in a reasonably priced package with all of the bells and whistles. A great little car.

2004 Mercedes-Benz C230 - Delivers What You'd Expect
By Mike T on 12/19/04 09:52 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The Mercedes-Benz C230 Sedan has a lot going for it. It is a reasonably priced car with great build quality, great gas mileage, and more comfort and elbow room than the 2000 BMW 3-Series I used to drive.

2004 Mercedes-Benz C230K - I Love This Car
By kristin on 12/19/04 05:35 AM (PST)

My 2004 C230K is my very first Mercedes-Benz and I have no idea how I can ever go back to regular cars. This car performs like no other I have driven. It handles better then any car in its class! Go test drive it and see for yourself! It was love at first sight. It is a little pricey but it is worth every penny. I love my car so much and I get so many compliments.

Disappointed
By Disappointed on 12/15/04 22:38 PM (PST)

Buyer beware of this piece of crap! The car has had nothing but problems - 3000 kms and it has been into dealer 5 times now. They have had it for two weeks so far. 1st they replaced the fuel injectors, now the kompressor. Wrong kompressor installed by factory - really makes you wonder - Still not fixed! Maybe the dealer is incompetent! No loner offered. I would really think twice before buying another Mercedes. A real Lemon! High end Junk!

C32 AMG 1 YR
By D. Baker on 12/11/04 05:08 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

Decent car: AMG did well on engine; suspension. My 1st automatic/"tiptronic transmission - hate it!! Too boring. Other: Tach way too small & should be in center for this car. Indicator light for speedo stays fixed - Dumb. Gear selection indicator - way too small - dumb. Self dimming rear view mirrors - can't judge cars behind - way too dangerous! & dumb. Elec windows either go all the up or down; have to take eyes off road to adjust - dumb. Car should CENTER BETTER on any road. I thought this would be a fun sedan; just too sedate (except speed) and boring in just about every category. Little character for the money. Plan to give up.

Just great
By richiebpa on 11/16/04 19:52 PM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

Handling is fantastic--Last winter it handled better than the 4x4 pickup I traded. I live the mountainous area of N.E. PA so this was a plus. Just had first free service. Great gas mileage (31 highway). Only time it was back to the dealer. Loved it so much just bought the wife a E-320 4-matic two months ago. Only two gripes: 1- Location of CD Changer 2- Toy cup holder in front seat belongs in a Chevette