Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Love it
By Loven the mb

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

We bought this car with high hopes, well it has by far passed them all. We bought it new and it has never failed. Only regular maintaenance and oil changes. It now has about 100k on it and it still run strong. I now upgraded to a E500, but my daughter just got her license and she got the C230. Oh and the mileage is great! I get around 33 on the highway and 25 in town. I would buy this car over and over gladly.

The MB badge, sound system, and seats fill you like a glove.

None.

Fair
By KL

Very impressive, classy car. Always dependable, no mechanical issues since purchased in July 07. My only issues; this vehicle is zippy and performs fabulously on the highway, but a bit sluggish for a supercharged vehicle around town. I expected more power than this. You've got to put the pedal to the floor to get out of the way. I'm most disappointed in the front seats of this car as they have no lumbar support and built like cardboard. Not a good choice for long distance driving. I've had to add a lumbar support module to my front seat which looks rediculous and shabby in a Benz, but necessary. No lie, every passenger I've had in my car have complained about the seats.

Style, sophistication, class, need I say more. Excellent fuel economy! Great car for a petite woman or man.

Expected more out of Benz, comfort isn't here. Seats need to be restyled for comfort and support. I don't have back or spine issues but after driving 40 minutes, I complain of discomfort from the seats. There's also not enough leg room for a passenger over 6 ft tall. Bring a cushion, seats are hard.

Love It!
By youngster1990

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

My parents bought this for me as my first car and I love everything about it. My best friend has an Audi A4 and she asked to drive my car and she said she enjoys it more than her car. The stereo is great. Leather is great. I just love this car! Makes my heart skip a beat (in a good way) when I accelerate onto the highway and passs people!

4matic! Heated seats, leather seats. Stereo. Steering wheel mounted audio and menu controls. Adaptive cruise control. Cornering fog lamps.

Make power memory seats standard instead of making people pay extra for them. And fix the front windshield. It fogs up way too fast and the defogger is obnoxiously loud. Needs better gas mileage! A little bit more backseat room

Love this car
By gabe

I bought this car about two weeks ago, it had 36 grand on the odometer. So far this vehicle has far exceeded my expectations for a used entry level Benz. On my 250 mile trek back home from purchasing it, I got over 31 miles per gallon, and I loved every facet of the c230. My friend has a BMW 325i and he commented the ride better than his BMW, also the leg room in the front better than the BMW. He also said less road noise, and a few features the Benz had he wished the BMW had. The regular halogen headlight are phenominal, I mean super good, better than any other car I've ever had. The seats were great, power is fine and I just love this car. If you've never had one, get one, worth it

The smooth sporty ride is fun, I wake up ready to drive this car even when I have nowhere to go. Love the stereo, Harmon Kardon. Great road feel and the look of a Benz gives you a pride of ownership second to none. I have found no faults with anything, just make sure you put good tires on it.

Bigger motor is always acceptable, but the double edged sword rule plays there also. Big motor, bad mileage.

Solid Performance But Few Thrills
By JNT

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the car since new. In mainly city driving with some long distance trips, I have averaged 21.4 mpg over 13,500 miles. The only repair was a fuel filler door that did not lock. The car has been very dependable and is a comfortable long distance cruiser (up to 28 mpg on the highway). 4matic is great in the snow even with the standard all season tires. My main complaint is that the engine lacks low end punch. Once on the highway, performance is acceptable but not thrilling. If you want performance, don't buy the 240, move up to the 320. (I did not like the 230 because of the compressor whine; simply a matter of taste.) Headroom improves significantly without the sunroof.

Solid handling; smooth, quiet highway ride (feels planted like a larger car and is not affected by cross-winds or semis); heated seats and 4matic.

More engine power; quieter climate control fan at start up; front spoiler hangs low and requires caution when parking; side mirrors are too small.

• SUV