2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Love this car
By gabe on 02/18/08 19:11 PM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I bought this car about two weeks ago, it had 36 grand on the odometer. So far this vehicle has far exceeded my expectations for a used entry level Benz. On my 250 mile trek back home from purchasing it, I got over 31 miles per gallon, and I loved every facet of the c230. My friend has a BMW 325i and he commented the ride better than his BMW, also the leg room in the front better than the BMW. He also said less road noise, and a few features the Benz had he wished the BMW had. The regular halogen headlight are phenominal, I mean super good, better than any other car I've ever had. The seats were great, power is fine and I just love this car. If you've never had one, get one, worth it

Solid Performance But Few Thrills
By JNT on 02/15/08 14:52 PM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the car since new. In mainly city driving with some long distance trips, I have averaged 21.4 mpg over 13,500 miles. The only repair was a fuel filler door that did not lock. The car has been very dependable and is a comfortable long distance cruiser (up to 28 mpg on the highway). 4matic is great in the snow even with the standard all season tires. My main complaint is that the engine lacks low end punch. Once on the highway, performance is acceptable but not thrilling. If you want performance, don't buy the 240, move up to the 320. (I did not like the 230 because of the compressor whine; simply a matter of taste.) Headroom improves significantly without the sunroof.

Quality and service..or lack of
By Dietmar on 11/06/07 20:00 PM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

Car was not prpared properly. and pulled to the right, Dealer said he could not repair the alignment unless the customer complained. Several item, such as the automatic tempeature control not working--it was not calibrated at the factory. The automatic transmission leaked because a gasket was used that was not compatble with the fluit. The proper gasket was of a different color and the situation could have been corrected while the car was in for service. MBUSA told me that they do not repair it until it actually leaks. Remember we have a situstion here where we know it WILL LEAK it is only a question of when. For a company like Mercedes, this shure is a lousy attitude, Next car: BMW

Excellent Benz
By turksoldier on 09/28/07 10:28 AM (PDT)

I have this car for 4 years and no problems at all. It is so much fun to drive. Pick up is excellent, road handling is excellent. I wish we have nicer highways in NY. Very good gas mileage. Maintenance free service was excellent ( I am just over 50K now) This is not a car for snow unless you want to slide all over.

Nice Ride!
By Great Car on 09/17/07 09:41 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

We bought ours used w/39k miles on it. The car is beautiful, well maintained. I have one problem with an ESP/BAS warning and this appears to be affecting the operation of the sunroof. Hopefully this can be corrected by the certified warranty. The car feels as solid and safe as any car I've driven and after I got finished with it this weekend you can't tell its not new.

Love it!
By Dyessy on 07/10/07 08:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I look so good in this car! Love the emblem. Cloth seat not such a good investment and handling in rain/snow can get a little scary. Overall, the car drives very well. It was purchased as a certified used & came with an amazing warranty. All service is free. There was an issue with the carbon intake valves that they said had been occuring so be aware, but thanks to my warranty that was also fixed for free. It has been an ease in every aspect.

Good value
By RW on 03/10/07 00:18 AM (PST)

I traded up from a '98 SLK, which I loved but needed more room. The sedan is not as balanced, responsive or sporty as the convertible but overall a great ride. The supercharged 4 is a phenomenal engine, superb torque, and amazing pull available throughout the smooth shifting gears. Ride quality and quietness are acceptable but no one will mistake it for an S Class. Too much body roll on hard cornering. Seats are pretty firm and not enough lateral support. If you normally use cupholders, forget about it! Brakes are excellent. Overall fit and finish top- notch, ergonomics plain but well laid out. Still the best buy in the 35K+/- price group.

Great value
By Frank on 01/11/07 09:02 AM (PST)

Perhaps the best value on the market. Great fuel efficiency and pep and sporty styling are big pluses. Tires wear out quickly though and front and rear sizes are different. When my Michelins wore out at 15,000 I found some Bridgestone Fuzions that are much better and more reasonably priced.

Jackrabbit Mercedes Coupe
By MJ on 06/16/06 22:25 PM (PDT)

Has multiple features found on more expensive models. Large sliding roof is unique. Kompressor (supercharger) make 189 HP seem like 300 when it kicks in. A wonderful small hatchback. Sad that MB discontinued the model for 2006.

Fun car to drive!
By Rick Diaz on 06/14/06 01:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Drives very nice. Nice dealership service. Only had electrical problem with sunroof and gas line. Very good overall.