Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

C 230 Kompressor -Sporty Baby Benz
By Lazman

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I had a 2002 C240. I like the car, but is was way to slow and had a bit too much body roll for me. Also, the gas mileage was mediocre considering it was only a 2.6 V6 putting out a measly 168 hp. The kompressor model feels like a different car. It addresses my complaints about the 240, and gets great gas mileage to boot. I would still like a bit more power, but for 31K you don't get everything. I'm very happy with the car and would highly recommend it.

2004 C230K 1st Benz
By magicbyswh

This is my first Benz. I actually went to the Dealer to look at a BMW 325. After driveing both and comparing the price the Benz had a better ride and price was 5000 dollars less. But I like Red and this was the perfect color. YOu can tell immediately the quality is 1st class. For the quality you get for the price this is probably the best deal on the market. I have had Honda Accords in the past. Everyone has Accords. I have not seen another Red C230K on the road. One bad thing now is everyone knows when I am around. When they see this car they know it is me.

17 inch Rims are very sporty, Mars Red color, Super drive, Excellent power, Very smooth and the quality of the build is outstanding. Paint job is outstanding. Free service throughout the warranty period.

Same size rims and tires on the front and back so the tires can be rotated, Turn signal and cruise control handles are to close. Bose should be standard. Memory seats should be standard, Lumbar adjustment on the drivers seat should be standard.

I love this car!
By d4jls7

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I upgraded from a Mitsubishi Eclipse to the C320. I absolutely love this car. It's comfortable to drive and has many safety features. What I really love most is that oil changes and road side assistance are free for the life of the car.

Pop up shade & sensor indicators for tire pressure, oil changes, etc.

None at this time.

performance, comfort and flexibility
By C-Coupe fan

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The "C-coupe" provides an great combination of performance (with the 3.2 liter V-6), comfort with features such as the dual climate control and the flexibility to haul moderate volumes of cargo, such as a bike or an air compressor. The car also provides decent gas mileage of 25 to 27 mpg on highway trips. I love driving this car.

Performance of the V-6 and sport-tuned suspension. Functionality of the hatchback with a 38 cubic foot capacity. Comfortable interior.

none

Solid and Fun
By ShilohShooter

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Never thought I'd use the word "fun" to describe a wagon, but this one has plenty of power, and handles almost as well as my 328i, which is impressive for a wagon. Solid construction, interior is roomier than I was expecting given the car's dimensions. Enough cargo space to meet our needs on long trips (2 adults + 2 kids). Rear seats fold down flat, giving lots of hauling room when needed, and cargo floor is "flush" with a low loading height--no need to lift objects over a lip to get them in the back.

AWD gives the vehicle a lot of stability, Bose sound system, automatic trans. very smooth & always seems to find the correct gear for what you're trying to do. 12V outlet in cargo area great for coolers.

Needs a standard in-dash CD changer, better cup holders, and 2nd 12V outlet in passenger area.