2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
2004.5 230 Sedan is a work of art
By Mr. Hyde on 12/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Going from a modified to rally stage 02 WRX @300HP, the get up and go of this car is much less...But wait..while I can't sprint and hit the corners as hard, this car really moves with an agile confidence. The more I drive it the more I am impressed. Wrap it up with the MB styling...I love it..the 04 wheels and pipe give it a great look and profile. Add in some comfort, and borderline luxury and it is a sweet ride... Close to a work of art in my eyes.

solid decision
By chuck in sc on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

a sporty sedan with some power. compared hard with 3 series/ A6. i have owned the car for 4 months now, and i can honestly say that it was a great decision....no regrets. power and transmission are awesome. style is incredible and sleek...gets lots of looks. my first mercedes. it outdoes the 3 series i used to own, primarily with handling characteristics and very responsive throttle/transmission. this car is fun to drive and is an excellent value for the price...considering the 'luxury' associated with the name, the european performance, and beautiful craftsmanship. very solid buy.

Love it so far!
By SGK on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I just purchase a C320 Sport Sedan a few weeks ago. I traded in a 98 Corvette for this car, so I'm still having a little problem getting used to being without 350 HP. But the handling is wonderful on German cars. There's nothing quite like them. I love the looks of the car. Chromed the big 5- spoke wheels last week to give it a little more "bling-bling". So far I'm loving it.

Design Flaws and Others
By Poxman on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I don't like how there's no switch that opens the doorlocks from the inside. If I want to let passengers in the backseat, I have to open my door to unlock all the doors. The controls in the dash is hard to reach. The sound system needs an upgrade, and the digital dash display looks too big and generic, reminds me of my 86 Mazda.

Good job!
By Scottie P on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Drives like a charm

Great Car and Lots of Comfort
By Dozing on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have a BMW 328is and needed a bigger car for my new family so I test drove the BMW 530 and many other cars. By far this is the best car in the class in my opinion. Plenty of power in the 3.2L engine and a lot of fun to drive. (Hint: Even more standard power, as opposed to AMG power, under the hood would set this car apart by far)

Review of 2004 C240 Sedan
By dietmar on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car is really fun to drive. Sofar it has had zero (0) defects. The styling is contemporary. This model is cheaper than most SUV's and the treatment from the dealer and Mercedes- Benz is fantastic. Since there is a possibility of expensive repairs, I bought the extended warranty.

Great Car
By clonghi on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Make the garage door process easier. Have two garage doors and it makes it quite hard to program.

C320 4matic sport sedan
By Ejlasalle on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent performance, excellent value, dependability, comfort, responsive. The vision is excellent, making it an all around wonderful experience.

Great Small Sedan
By Dave in Dallas on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Shopped like a madman. Have owned Lexus, Infiniti and a 240D MB. I simply thought that after reviewing and driving most of the $30-40K sedans, this was the obvious choice.