Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

C230 Kompressor Sport - Just love this Car!
By coprtkm

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Super fast when needed. great gas mileage 32MPG hwy. sporty and super fun to drive. Can't believe I fit into this as well as I do. 6'2 and weigh 285lbs. very comfortable and roomy for myself and girl. plenty of room in the trunk even though it could be a little deeper. great sounding stereo with all features you could ask for. Just love this car! Purchased from the original owner in 2011. Had 54,600 miles and not one little dent, tear etc. even smelt like it came straight from the factory. best 11,500.00 I ever spent!

Favorite Features

CD changer, plenty of room in the glove box even though you think their wouldn't be. Nice sport sedan all the way around. Just love this car!

Suggested Improvements

I feel the back seat is perfect for carrying my skis and anything long that the truck does not hold. More room in the glove box than I thought. The CD changer takes up space but was surprised the manual and other things fit without a problem. Nice to have a cassette to play my old songs that I recorded 25+ years ago and love all of the steering wheel features where you can control without lifting your arm. Itís a first for me 

Best value in the brand
By ofcr

I am original owner of a Mars Red C230 Kompressor. 65k miles. Stowed properly for winter every year and since purchased. Car gets so many looks, countless people have stopped me to say how beautiful the car is over the years. The power is incredible, especially off the line...sweet gas mileage even when you punch it. Brakes are hands down the best. So far just changed the oil, bled the brakes in the spring, cleaned sunroof track and waxed. NEVER had a quality issue...only infrequent, and very minor issues. Perfect excuse to go to the dealer and absorb the Benzo eye-candy. Love the car, brand, the Nordstrom level of service and features of S-class for a great price

Favorite Features

Swagger, i.e. Balls, Power (low/high end). Fuel efficiency, 34.5mpg on last 4 hour road trip. Great looking color, hood, rear-end, profile. Fat rear tires give it that hot rod look, though suttle enough to be a daily driver. Lumbar support is perfect, driven 12 hours straight comfortably. 6-cd changer, A/C, sunroof, power windows and everything else still works flawlessly. Auto-dimming mirrors really make night driving a nice experience.

It's The Bomb
By clutcharies

Have a 2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. I'm the original owner and have 257,000 miles on the car. I bought the car for reasons of safety, endurance, looks, and a sporty feel. It's given me everything I wanted. As long as I follow maintenance schedules I expect to exceed 400,000 miles. I've not had any major problems with the car. This is the best car I've had in my life.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are: classy curb appeal, the supercharger, the interior appearance, 32 mpg, sports car feel.

Suggested Improvements

Less road noise

ABSOLUTE LEMON
By eclipse82

I bought this car with 39K miles on it and now have 124K on it. Here is a list of the issues wither fixed and/or still broken... Car caught Fire at Mercedes - A/C Blower Shorted out, Causing Fuse Box to catch fire and burnt underneath Dash. They informed me the Technician received minor burns when trying to put out the fire. -New Alarm Siren (it would go off randomly) -2 Alternators (Voltage Regulator goes bad) -New Door Lock on Driver and passenger Side doors -New RF Sensor on Driver door for the Key-less Remote -2 New Thermostats -1 Driver Side Door Handle -2 Passenger side Door handles and NOW Broke for 3rd time -Rear Glass was replaced because when rear defroster was turned on it would m

Favorite Features

Looks great! Drives Great

Suggested Improvements

All new Electrical.

Fun and Value
By Race Bannon

I've owned my C230 Kompressor sedan for almost 7 years now and it's as fun to drive as ever. I've got the six speed manual transmission, so the car is really responsive jetting around town, yet retains a smooth luxurious feel on the highway in the higher gears. I haven't had any major repairs in 7 years, though the lock mechanism on the left rear door has just started to malfunction within the last month. All in all a great car, that's been lots of fun to drive, at a very good value, if you consider I paid around $32K for it and drove it for almost seven years.

Favorite Features

Sun Roof, six speed manual Xmission, 6 CD player, automatic sun shade for rear window.

Suggested Improvements

I don't like the look of this model year from behind, looks cheap. Mercedes did fix this though, starting in 2005 they rounded out the rear of the car for a better, more stylish look.