Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Be prepared for regular mechanic visits
By Tony

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Best feature that attracted me is the comfort. Sitting in the car is almost as enjoyable as my living room couch (makes all the difference sitting in LA traffic). However by now I can probably write a book about all my mechanical visits (cheapest one being $450) ranging from transmission to power steering pump to sensor malfunction. I'll never buy a Mercedes in the future due to reliability issues because I know it's just a matter of time before my next break-down. P.S. The car has 65K miles, I am the original owner and I take great care of it.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride

Fun car to drive!
By Rick Diaz

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Drives very nice. Nice dealership service. Only had electrical problem with sunroof and gas line. Very good overall.

Favorite Features

Nice highway performance at high speed. Great braking system. Excellent handling. An automobile with a lot of class.

Suggested Improvements

CD should be standard. equipment. Trunk lock should be able to lock with key. More room in rear seat. A little more power.

Love this car!
By LeQuon

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I drove an SLK 320 and traded it in for c320 because I wanted a car that was more practical. I don't know why there are bad reviews about the car, I guess some of these people were unlucky and got the defects. Anyhow, I love this car! It is smooth, luxurious, and comfortable. I can't ask for more! I haven't had any problems since.

Favorite Features

smooth ride, beautiful interior, well- built. great price!

Suggested Improvements

none...I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!

Going back to BMW
By flightgo

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Thought I'd go for the best and trade up to a Mercedes. Like the lines, fit/finish and the little star on the front hood, but stops there. As others say, Mercedes doesn't know how to make competitive price car w/quality. Electrical problems in and out of shop. 2 new computers, joke of a phones system, alarm goes off driving down small town main street, different lugs for spare, radio is aweful, computer locks up all the time requiring a park, off engine and restart to clear. Auto transmission is a dog and engine should show more strength. Sorry, but that's the way it is...

Favorite Features

Seats, electronic features (but they are unreliable), lights bright, phone pad.

Suggested Improvements

Re-engineer. Expect a $45k (loaded) car to perform perfectly... not like a geo. Back to basics on the electronics... every time >100F outside the computer did weird things. I'm trading in with ,20k miles on new BMW. They get it.

Dream Car
By agh19

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have wanted a Mercedes-Benz Since I was 15, and this year for my 19th birthday i got 2004 mb c320. i love everything about it, the car rides great , lots of power and tons of luxuxry features.

Favorite Features

engine and trans, sport shift is great.

Suggested Improvements

none!!!!