2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
It's The Bomb
By clutcharies on 06/29/13 13:43 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Have a 2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. I'm the original owner and have 257,000 miles on the car. I bought the car for reasons of safety, endurance, looks, and a sporty feel. It's given me everything I wanted. As long as I follow maintenance schedules I expect to exceed 400,000 miles. I've not had any major problems with the car. This is the best car I've had in my life.

ABSOLUTE LEMON
By eclipse82 on 04/15/13 20:00 PM (PDT)

I bought this car with 39K miles on it and now have 124K on it. Here is a list of the issues wither fixed and/or still broken... Car caught Fire at Mercedes - A/C Blower Shorted out, Causing Fuse Box to catch fire and burnt underneath Dash. They informed me the Technician received minor burns when trying to put out the fire. -New Alarm Siren (it would go off randomly) -2 Alternators (Voltage Regulator goes bad) -New Door Lock on Driver and passenger Side doors -New RF Sensor on Driver door for the Key-less Remote -2 New Thermostats -1 Driver Side Door Handle -2 Passenger side Door handles and NOW Broke for 3rd time -Rear Glass was replaced because when rear defroster was turned on it would m

Best value in the brand
By ofcr on 05/30/12 19:50 PM (PDT)

I am original owner of a Mars Red C230 Kompressor. 65k miles. Stowed properly for winter every year and since purchased. Car gets so many looks, countless people have stopped me to say how beautiful the car is over the years. The power is incredible, especially off the line...sweet gas mileage even when you punch it. Brakes are hands down the best. So far just changed the oil, bled the brakes in the spring, cleaned sunroof track and waxed. NEVER had a quality issue...only infrequent, and very minor issues. Perfect excuse to go to the dealer and absorb the Benzo eye-candy. Love the car, brand, the Nordstrom level of service and features of S-class for a great price

C230 Kompressor Sport - Just love this Car!
By coprtkm on 10/20/11 13:11 PM (PDT)

Super fast when needed. great gas mileage 32MPG hwy. sporty and super fun to drive. Can't believe I fit into this as well as I do. 6'2 and weigh 285lbs. very comfortable and roomy for myself and girl. plenty of room in the trunk even though it could be a little deeper. great sounding stereo with all features you could ask for. Just love this car! Purchased from the original owner in 2011. Had 54,600 miles and not one little dent, tear etc. even smelt like it came straight from the factory. best 11,500.00 I ever spent!

Fun and Value
By Race Bannon on 04/17/10 06:06 AM (PDT)

I've owned my C230 Kompressor sedan for almost 7 years now and it's as fun to drive as ever. I've got the six speed manual transmission, so the car is really responsive jetting around town, yet retains a smooth luxurious feel on the highway in the higher gears. I haven't had any major repairs in 7 years, though the lock mechanism on the left rear door has just started to malfunction within the last month. All in all a great car, that's been lots of fun to drive, at a very good value, if you consider I paid around $32K for it and drove it for almost seven years.

Best Car I Ever Won!
By Prowlerdog on 06/05/09 15:27 PM (PDT)

I won this car in a casino drawing in Laughlin, Nevada in December of 2005. The car was "new" (but already 2 model years old) but did have about 800 miles on it. I have really enjoyed this great surprise "gift" and drive it mostly on trips from my home in Bullhead City, AZ to Vegas, Southern CA and the Bay Area. Car does perform GREAT on the highway. with 28-31 MPG. City MPG 21-25. Supercharger is awesome for passing. City performance a bit sluggish. Interior pretty comfy, but I could see it would be a bit cramped for very large or tall people. Exterior styling on this model is beautiful and classic. Very few minor problems so far so I am quite pleased. Worth every penny I paid!

Exceptional Vehicle
By newyork142536 on 09/12/08 21:22 PM (PDT)

I have really enjoyed this car. It has been incredibly reliable and comfortable on long road trips. Short drives are enjoyable also.

Amazingly great car
By musicman24 on 07/21/08 12:29 PM (PDT)

I bought this car a few months ago and love it. This car gets awsome gas mileage at 23 mpg city-33 mpg hwy and is very comfortable to sit in on long trips, not to mention it turns a lot of heads.

Love it
By Loven the mb on 05/23/08 09:35 AM (PDT)

We bought this car with high hopes, well it has by far passed them all. We bought it new and it has never failed. Only regular maintaenance and oil changes. It now has about 100k on it and it still run strong. I now upgraded to a E500, but my daughter just got her license and she got the C230. Oh and the mileage is great! I get around 33 on the highway and 25 in town. I would buy this car over and over gladly.

Fair
By KL on 03/21/08 21:48 PM (PDT)

Very impressive, classy car. Always dependable, no mechanical issues since purchased in July 07. My only issues; this vehicle is zippy and performs fabulously on the highway, but a bit sluggish for a supercharged vehicle around town. I expected more power than this. You've got to put the pedal to the floor to get out of the way. I'm most disappointed in the front seats of this car as they have no lumbar support and built like cardboard. Not a good choice for long distance driving. I've had to add a lumbar support module to my front seat which looks rediculous and shabby in a Benz, but necessary. No lie, every passenger I've had in my car have complained about the seats.