Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Nothing to Complain About
By jbarbour

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C230 Kompressor Rwd 2dr Sport Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

With over 167,000 miles on my 2004 and synthetic Mobil 1 oil since the beginning my car is my second home and more reliable than most of my so called friends. Commuting, traveling, or just cruising is a delight in my C230 nicknamed "Jett" (supercharger). My first Mercedes when I turned 40 and will not be my last. Would love to get the 4-door version in the future. Buy it you won't be disappointed, if you take care of it.

Favorite Features

Style, reliable, and gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof is noisy when open, fabric seats hard to keep clean, and speaker on door is in the same place where the seat belt gets stuck, which punctures the screen on the speaker.

LOVE THIS BENZ
By greg

Using it for state to state trips and it is a pleasure to drive. It stores quite a bit of cargo with the back seats folded down. The car seems to fit you when you are driving long hours and miles. To be honest I bought it for its looks but when I got it I had to suddenly press it into long distance trips and it excelled. I have had no problems but maybe the tires seem to be wearing out a little early but if that is the only drawback I will gladly by new tires. It is fast and turns on a dime and brakes with the best.

Favorite Features

The power and it is as smooth as silk on the highways with no wobble when trucks past it but with the engine I never had that issue unless I was just loafing in the right lane. Braking is quick and smooth.

Suggested Improvements

better placement of the window switches. better storage compartment up front. more spacious glove compartment too.

Love it!
By Dyessy

I look so good in this car! Love the emblem. Cloth seat not such a good investment and handling in rain/snow can get a little scary. Overall, the car drives very well. It was purchased as a certified used & came with an amazing warranty. All service is free. There was an issue with the carbon intake valves that they said had been occuring so be aware, but thanks to my warranty that was also fixed for free. It has been an ease in every aspect.

Favorite Features

So easy to make turns and park. (You wouldn't even believe the turning radius on this thing.) The emblem is classic. Love it!The steering column is tight, which makes you feel in control.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder is awful. Rear wipers would be nice.

Jackrabbit Mercedes Coupe
By MJ

Has multiple features found on more expensive models. Large sliding roof is unique. Kompressor (supercharger) make 189 HP seem like 300 when it kicks in. A wonderful small hatchback. Sad that MB discontinued the model for 2006.

Favorite Features

Kompressor feature. Sliding roof, automatic transmission with casual and sport modes.

Suggested Improvements

None

Better than I expected
By gb36

I bought this car certified from dealership with the extra year warranty and remainder of factory maint. I bought sight unseen over internet but had test drove one locally. It's black with black which I think is a great color for this car. First impressions: Roomier than looks on outside. Great pickup, esp when you use the manual shift feature that comes with automatics. Fun to drive and handles corners and curves like a bimmer. It's definitely has 'riding on rails' feel. It came with performance tires and 17 inch rims which are amazing on drive smooth roads. The problems are snow and bumpy roads. All and all am happy every time I get in and start her up.

Favorite Features

Leather heated seats, panorama roof, exterior from front, auto-dimming mirrors, handling is amazing.

Suggested Improvements

First, cassette is a wasted feature (like who has tapes anymore). Rear visibility not great with side mirrors. Wish it had iPod connection. The ride is a bit rough and noisy on bumpy highways.