Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG C32 AMG Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

C32 AMG 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )

LOOOVE IT, AMG FOR LIFE!!
By Oleg Dyachuk

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

Love this car, this is my 5th car and first Benz. Bought this car at 97k miles and now I have 110k. Yes I had engine oil leaks coming from the oil filter housing and valve cover and breather covers. I fixed all those myself and it wasn't too bad. I still have to replace the transmission oil pan gasket because of a leak. Had to replace both front outer tie rods but this car has never left me stranded, so much power. I seriously smile everytime I drive it with the foot down. Front doors had a bit of rust on the bottom because the car was from Minnesota but I am in the process of changing both doors right now.

Favorite Features

Power, feel, composure, sleeper feel whenever i pull up anywhere.

Suggested Improvements

Better oil gasket quality and hold up but the car is over 10 years old so it's kind of expected.

Great Car for the $$$
By Joe

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

Where else can you get a car that will smoke a prior gen M3, get 4 doors and take the family out to dinner? Great engine, lots of torque and easy to modify.

Favorite Features

Strong engine (355 HP), lots of torque once supercharger hits. Light mods will make this a sub 13 second car in qtr mile (high 12s are easy with pulley). Stealth look (looks like std w203 C class until you punch it).

Suggested Improvements

Front end heavy understeering; costly to lower, tough to get traction on wet days; needs a Quaife to harness the tremendous power as ASR is nothing but electronic nanny; stereo is not up to par for $60 K sedan.

Beast in Sheeps Clothing, Kind of
By adambomb32

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

i've enjoyed the presence of this fine German Automobile for almost two years now and everytime I drive it I feel the same "excitement" as day one. Yes, Mercedes managed to make a very UNIQUE car not so unique by giving every entry level C-class the same aero-dynamic kit, but hey, it doesnt have the same AMG (brembo made brakes), hand built 3,2l supercharged V6 engine, suspension, wheels, etc... so to me its still very sepcial and with a few aesthetic upgrades can once again be "unique" as day one.

Favorite Features

Supercharged 349hp, 332lb/ft trq. textured aluminum trim, audio input, brembo 4point brakes. AMG seats and AMG badge.

Suggested Improvements

Minor improvments as seen on 05+ C55 AMG sedan, but honestly improvements are based on drivers preference.

C32 AMG 1 YR
By D. Baker

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

Decent car: AMG did well on engine; suspension. My 1st automatic/"tiptronic transmission - hate it!! Too boring. Other: Tach way too small & should be in center for this car. Indicator light for speedo stays fixed - Dumb. Gear selection indicator - way too small - dumb. Self dimming rear view mirrors - can't judge cars behind - way too dangerous! & dumb. Elec windows either go all the up or down; have to take eyes off road to adjust - dumb. Car should CENTER BETTER on any road. I thought this would be a fun sedan; just too sedate (except speed) and boring in just about every category. Little character for the money. Plan to give up.

Favorite Features

None really, except I like the fog lights to come on without headlights also being on (cool). My passengers like the ride.

Suggested Improvements

See comments preceding this box.

a sleeper
By marty43

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG C32 AMG 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

very fast at high speeds, accelerates up to 170 mph without being hesitant, is smooth and quiet in normal conditions, not as direct and explosive as M 3, pretty much usable as a family car, great brakes, feels a little bit detached from street surface, all in all the best compromise for a father of three, who still likes to go very very fast

Favorite Features

stability at high speed, roomy inside and small outside, efficient package

Suggested Improvements

more and bigger cupholders, better acceleration from standstill, better responsiveness