2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: This is a great car!

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

C240 Sedan (2.6L V6 6-speed Manual)

This is a great car!
By marcEG on

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased my C240 in December 2002 and have driven it about 3,600 so far. The ride quality and handling are excellent - significantly improved over the last C-class I drove (1998). Although some might say 2.6L engine may be a little weak, overall I find the acceleration fine. For the price you get a well equipped vehicle with loads of safety features - some of which aren't even offered on the competition. So far only one very minor problem - the outside temperature gauge was reading the incorrect temp. This was fixed in one short visit to the dealer.

Exterior design, handling, comfort, soundsystem (Bose), back window sunscreen, multi-function display in dash, loads of safety features, exterior color (Pewter).

Split folding rear seat and CD changer should be standard equipment. Would be nice controls on steering wheel dedicated to the stereo system. I find that I almost always leave the multi-function display on the stereo "page" because I frequently change radio stations/CD tracks.