2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: An excellent car that holds up

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

C240 Sedan (2.6L V6 6-speed Manual)

An excellent car that holds up well...
By guile on

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

My car has been with me since brand new, now going on 142,000 miles and counting. Issues have been catalytic converter (under warranty), front headlights, steering linkage break, serpentine belt replacement (at 130,000 miles), leather interior cracking, faux leather on shift knob coming off, CD changer jamming, blower fuse melting and compressor breaking, and small ghosting on console display. Performance is decent for a car with 168hp. Gas mileage could be better but I drive like a maniac with quick acceleration so no fault of the car. I'm pretty satisfied with the car and feel fortunate I don't have the issues so many others have. This car was manufactured in Brazil.

Favorite Features

Supportive leather seats, good handling, peppy low end power, one- touch windows.

Suggested Improvements

Headlights that are easier to replace: you need baby-sized hands to get into the small space they wedged the lamps into! Tan interior gets dirty fast, will not buy light colored interior car again. Front hood seems to need more coats of paint to hide rock chips.