Mercedes-Benz for life!
By MBconvert on
2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)
I bought this car because I thought "Wouldn't it be cool to own a Mercedes?" The answer is yes. The car takes care of everything and just lets you drive. Rain-sensing wipers, automatic climate control, speed sensitive radio volume, excellent handling, decent power; they thought of everything. I am tall at 6'2", and I actually don't put the seat all the way back! At $23k for a 16 month-old car it's a bargain. I've only had one problem; the automatic climate control stopped working one very hot (100+ degrees) day, and I had to switch to manual controls. It started working again the next day. This car had been more reliable than my Toyota Celica, and a hell of a lot more fun.
Favorite Features
I love the leg room and excellent gas mileage (32 highway, 25 city). Why can't Americans make cars like this?
Suggested Improvements
Perhaps my moonroof doesn't work right, but I have to hold down the close button or it stops halfway and goes back to full open. Also, this car is heavy at 4000 lbs, so 189 HP is not that much. The original tires (Michelin Pilot sports) had to be replaced at 25k miles.