Honest C230 Coupe Review
By Mark J on
2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)
I have had this car for over 4 years now and still looks sharp. Paint has held up well and even where I have chips/scrapes very little rust. Excellent gas mileage (28+) for such a sporty car. Good performance and still feels 'solid' (no flex or gives) just like when I bought it. Very comfortable for a small car as long as you are not too tall in back seat. Trunk room is average for small car. Would get higher ratings but it's a horrible car in the snow. I got stuck once on flat driveway <1" snow. With all season tires still bad in snow. Also, car is very tough on tires, wearing them quickly. Car was in shop 4 times (fortunately under warranty) for computer and sensor prob.
Favorite Features
Sporty (not fast) but still excellent gas mileage. Very stable at high speeds. Good radio and interior temperature control systems. Very sporty wheels (I got the sport upgrade)
Suggested Improvements
Horrible in snow! Wouldn't buy any rear-wheel drive again living in Pennsylvania. Also, why does MB recommend only 91 octane gas or better? Limited paint colors unless you want to pay extra. Interior color choices limited (light gray stains easily).