Great Ride
By jmoore25 on
2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)
This is the wife's car but I drive it every chance I get. When looking for this car we drove just about everthing in the two door 25-40K price range and found the C230 to be the best value. We also liked the BMW 330 but could not justify the extra 10K to get the same options as the Mercedes. And for about the same price as the BMW 225 we thought the C230 was just a nicer car. With the 17" tires the suspension is fantastic, soft and quiet at cruising speed yet tight and stiff on country roads. Engine is excellent, does not suck you into your seat like my 01 Stang GT but that is not the goal of this car.
Favorite Features
Great gas millage, trip computer shows us getting 33MPG on trips. Safety features are world class. Leather seats are of excellent quality far exceeding the stuff put in by most other builders. Like the 6 speed manual.
Suggested Improvements
Sunroof - way too much wind noise on the highway. 17" Tires - not a complaint because I think they really finish the car off and would buy them again but we are only going to get 20k miles out of them, just a heads up on that...