2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class 2.6L V6 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Excellent car still going strong!

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Review

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent car still going strong!
By guile on

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my C240 after I totaled my 3- series BMW so the MB was not the same sporty performance ride, but it's no slush box either. Interior is very comfortable with supportive seats in nice leather, typical of Mercedes at all levels. Power is produced via a 2.6 L V6, delivering 168 hp (not so bad back in '03, but hardly stellar) in a linear fashion. It's very smooth and the car doesn't feel like it's on at idle (have to double check every now and then). Cons are the loud air conditioning. Only one problem with the cat converter and that was fixed under warranty. Just change the oil regularly (every 10k mi) and you should have no issues. My car was made in Brazil according to door jamb.

Favorite Features

One touch up/down windows, nice leather seats, ergonomic controls favoring the driver, cool cup holder design, hydraulic hood and non- imposing trunk closure, excellent German brakes .

Suggested Improvements

Limited back seats for four adults, ability to modify radio more easily, "leather" on inside door rests cracking, AC too loud on highest setting