2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Geat car!
By nickikikik on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

great car ! totally dependable and reliable ! sweet body and an awsome engine ...

The car is tops.
By Burns on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I am in love with this car. It is my first Mercedes and won't be the last.

No regrets at all
By RHS on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

This is marketed as the "cheapest" MB available on the market, but despite its price, it is really fun to drive (6-speed manual) with excellent performance with fuel economy. The optional leather seats and sunroof sure adds up the cost, but it's still great price for a car that has the style and performance not far from the CLK320, and looks much more interesting than the ubiqutous BMW 3series. I must add that when I test drove the BMW330Coupe, it has excellent performance too, but my wife and kids hated the ride as front and back passengers, which made them nauseated, so I settled with the Mercedes in which they tolerated well as passengers.

Sweet ride
By samphel on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Real fun to drive, Solid design, Excellent acceleration. Compared to the Acura RSX, the torque on the C230 crushes the Acura, hands down. Overall, a safe, and fun car to drive. Usually, safety and fun dont often go together but in this car, it just does.

2003 C230 - 5 speed automatic
By Michael Maddox on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

My first Mercedes. So far so good. The car is very quiet. It drives like an improved version of my '99 Passat. Considered an Acura RSX, but for a few dollars extra, you get a lot more car.

A Winner For Under $30K!
By edward.thaute@citize on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Caveat: I have only owned my C230 for 6 weeks, but no defects discovered so far. This car, with 6-speed M/T and the C5 and C7 packages including 17-inch performance tires, leather, and Bose stereo, is a blast to drive. Great acceleration in 3rd and 4th gear, comfortable cruising in 6th, superb handling characteristics. Blew an Audi TT off the line the other day - felt good considering the Audi costs at least $6-10K more. Only complaint - ABS not as effective as my previous car (Saab 9-3), and, despite ESP and traction control, doesn't handle real well on snowy or icy roads. Overall rating an 8.75.

Fun to drive
By HansP on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

A car that will run 152 mph, gets 33 mpg highway, great looks, and a Mercedes to boot. Look no further than the C230. One drive and my wife and I were hooked. Driving a big SUV took the fun out of driving. This car is a blast.

Warning( Lemon) save your money.
By adrian cox on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Warning this is a bad car(lemon).I dont have enough room to list all the engine problems. My car would stallout when I would try to pass someone.It stalled out when I was accelerating from a complete stop.It stallout in the middle of a intersection. It repeatedly shutoff after I would refuel it.It had to be towed to the dealership(Rahal) after I couldn't (with the help of others)get it to start after refueling.In the first six months of ownership it had 16 problems .So I got a lawer.Just put it this way if you wont to know everything email me.

Fun to drive when it works.......
By EireForEvr on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Since the day I have taken delivery, I have had problems with the car dropping out of cruise control. There is a problem with either the Brake Assist System or the Electronic Stability Program or both. I am getting ready to take the car to the dealer for the 4th time. I don't blame the dealer - think I just got a bad car off the assembly line. Absent this problem, I think it is a great car. I love driving it.

2003 Mercedes-Benz C230 Coupe
By chamby on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

I don't have many miles on the car yet, but so far I'm impressed by the quiteness, solid feel of the ride and controls, and the maneuverability provided by rack and pinion steering with rear wheel drive. I've driven the larger S Class Mercedes' and this C230 gives you the same substantial feel of quality. I suggest you get the leather interior because the cloth interior design cheapens it's appearance (looks like the cloth in a Tercel or Neon. UGHHH!). To us, it didn't matter if the badge said Mercedes or Daewoo, we realized it was well-built, good- looking, functional car that was also enjoyable to drive. A lot of car for the price.