Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Newly sold on Mercedes Benz
By Benz Believer

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I drove the Acura TL, G35 and the Honda Accord V6. I really liked the 04 TL overall and the G35 for its performance but neither really turned me on. I was about to settle on the TL when I saw this almost new 230 sports sedan. I immediately fell in love with its looks, handling, fit and finish; everything. Even though my father owned and loved 2 I never considered a Mercedes. I guess I just thought they were out of my price range and no fun to boot. I was wrong, though I bought used, a new 04 or 05 was not priced badly. This car beats the 2 Saab Turbos I owned hands down. I love this car, its performance, the looks...everything!

Favorite Features

Styling is stunning and agressive looking, yet the ride is refined. It looks and feels like a $40-50,000 car. Powerful little engine, great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

A little more horsepower and a larger back seat. But I can live happily with it as is

Simply the best!!!
By John PAO

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

Lets face it. There is no other small size car with so many features that drives like it. I test drove A4 AWD, G35 AWD, Jaguar AWD. After driving a 94 C280 for 10 years with no problems the C240AWD was the only car able to convince me that it was time for a new car.

Favorite Features

All

Suggested Improvements

None

MB = Mostly Broken
By artmuns

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Been in shop 6-7 times in 20 months. Out of service about 30 days. Biggest complaint was occasional hesitancy in acceleration and rough idle. Took dealer a year to fix. They tried to convince me it was "in spec". Various other problems. MB has promised a "trade assist" for a new car. We'll see!

Favorite Features

Nice ride.

Suggested Improvements

Better reliablity.

No Comment
By Harrell

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

High class fun. Very sporty. Zippy

Favorite Features

Speed and looks.

Suggested Improvements

None

Bad wiring, poor service
By Beth_walters

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

In the 6 months I've owned my C-240 I've had 5 problems, all electrical (Elect. ignition switch, alarm, gas gauge, head lights & brake lights). Other than that it's a pretty good car: good mileage & handling. Interior design could be better: cup holders, location of switches and screen. However, the service I had from my dealership was poor, especially when after the first couple of problems I heard from the owner himself, "I don't know what to say. I don't know what to tell you. I don't kwow what I can do." You know what, that's not it. I may get another Mercedes in my future, but it won't be a C240 and it won't be from the same dealer.

Favorite Features

Information screen, CD player, good mileage, handling, seat warmers, climate control, teleaid.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are cheesy, need better quality and better location. CD/Radio needs to be more user friendly with more standard percs (like constant time lapse. Door locks should be on door. Seat belts difficult to buckle.