2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
MB = Mostly Broken
By artmuns on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Been in shop 6-7 times in 20 months. Out of service about 30 days. Biggest complaint was occasional hesitancy in acceleration and rough idle. Took dealer a year to fix. They tried to convince me it was "in spec". Various other problems. MB has promised a "trade assist" for a new car. We'll see!

No Comment
By Harrell on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

High class fun. Very sporty. Zippy

Bad wiring, poor service
By Beth_walters on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

In the 6 months I've owned my C-240 I've had 5 problems, all electrical (Elect. ignition switch, alarm, gas gauge, head lights & brake lights). Other than that it's a pretty good car: good mileage & handling. Interior design could be better: cup holders, location of switches and screen. However, the service I had from my dealership was poor, especially when after the first couple of problems I heard from the owner himself, "I don't know what to say. I don't know what to tell you. I don't kwow what I can do." You know what, that's not it. I may get another Mercedes in my future, but it won't be a C240 and it won't be from the same dealer.

Love our C240
By Clem on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

The car is everything I thought a Mercedes would be when I bought it. The only problem I have had with the C240 was the AM radio it was the pits it ,was a static box on AM Only. However the service from Mercedes Benz and the Dealer was Excellent. They loan me a vehicle while it was worked on. and repaired the problem. The use of Moblie one oil which allows you to drive 10,000 miles betwen oil changes.The gas milage on the road 28 to 29 mpg. it was advertised at 24 mpg GOOd surprise.

Best Buy ever
By Rafa77095 on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I looked and looked and I'm glad I found this car. I had never own a Mercedes before but I can see why people buy higher class models. This car is super fun to drive. The air-con controls are a little odd. I just hope I made a smart choice.

Don't Bother
By Rick Marques on 04/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

After waiting over twenty years to buy my first Benz - finally getting one was an underwhelming exercise in futility. This is a TERRIBLE car, built like any other Pinto, Gremlin or Vega - HONESTLY. Bad build quality, rattles, squeaks, LOUD when driving it, alignment that can't be fixed, a transmission that can't be diagnosed, and a Corporate Office that refuses to deal with customers on ANY level whatsoever. I was told their Director of Customer Assistance does NOT read, or answer his mail, nor will he contact any customers. THIS is Mercedes Benz? THINK TWICE IF YOU ARE IN THE MARKET FOR A BENZ.....

C240
By tyty15 on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

The best car ever for under forty thousand dollars. very worth buying. would consider buying again

I love this car!
By maddriver on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My car has the optional Sport Package which, although making it ride a little stiffer than other MB's, makes it handle alot like the BMW 330XI which I also considered. After comparing the two, I chose the MB, but it was close. I don't regret the choice. This car is great on the road, on trips, in the snow (mine is 4matic), and just going to the corner! No problems.

Sweet C32
By Rareamg on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

The C32 is a great car to drive. I love the way the car picks up, lots of power to spare. If you get a chance test drive one. You will want to take it home.

mb serie c kompressor
By eduardo abaunza on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

it has been 1 year since we got our mb serie c kompressor and we are delighted with the performance, the conform and the look., it gives yoy and extra incentive to go out into the concrete jungle.