Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Great Car
By justice2106

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Don't be put off by the C230's 189hp. It is more than enough. Bi-xenon headlights are a must because the standard headlights are not clear, check some pictures. The car handles well and gets pretty good fuel economy. The standard audio is decent and the front seats are terrific, the back seats are also nice, but don't offer a lot of leg room. The build quality was excellent, I never had any problems. The only thing to be aware of is that the sport tires have to be replaced every 15,000 miles (about $1,000). I recommend the tire rack if you are looking to save money. We just sold ours for a 2005 C230 (pewter).

Engine, trick cup holder, 17 inch rims, bi-xenon, and interior comfort.

Make aCD player and the bi-xenon headlamps standard.

I will never buy another brand of car
By atclew

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After being stationed in Europe and having a chance to drive the 3 major brands of European autos (Audi, BMW, and Mercedes). I was already a bit biased towards Mercedes Benz for the comfort of the ride alone. After purchasing the C320 with the 4-matic and having driven it for awhile now, I am just amazed at how well this car handles and performs. On longer trips, my wife has trouble staying awake because the ride is so smooth, a feat not accomplished in other vehicles we've owned.

All the amazing safety features. (TEN airbags, count 'em folks!). Turning radius. Smart Key system. Dual climate control. The winter driving mode starts you off in second gear, combined with 4-matic makes it nearly impossible to lose control on ice and snow.

Fuel tank is rather small along with mediocre fuel economy has me filling up a little more than I'd prefer, but then again, if you can afford the Benz, you can afford the gas. Don't purchase with the Bose stereo if you're even a semi-audiophile. If you're an average listener, it'll do.

what is not to like on a C240
By imburg

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

this car has one main drawback and that is the dash control design. In bright sunshine its almost impossible to read the orange lettering on the dash. I have experienced only one problem with this car which walters corrected and that is the computer that detects the braking force also detects other functions. Otherwise it runs faultlessly in city and on the highway.

Size of this c240 is perfect for city driving because all the parking spaces are tight. I traded a 99 grand marques for this c240 and find I can get into spaces with only one try.

since I am a smoker the location of the ash tray is too low and misplaced because ash falls on the shifter. It should be higher on the dash.

.............
By Sara G

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car & it handles very well. The CD disc changer in the glove compartment is nice. I also like the 1 touch feature. Although I've had a lot of small things go wrong. They aren't major, just in inconvience to take it to the dealer.

Body style and handling.

I've had to replace the cup holder, front brakes and the tail light has burnt out twice. Apparently the tail light was a manufacture defect in the actual bulb holder. I also experienced a problem with my sunroof & the 1 touch feature. The dealer had to "reset" the computer chip.

C230 Kompressor
By jayjkay

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Multiple little problems with this car. Sunroof losing it's settings, fuel door locking up etc. Fun to drive, great looking. If the minor mechanical issues go away, I would rate higher.

Performance for the dollar.

Larger cup holders.