2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Fun but what's up with the sound?
By SUPERLAURA on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I really love my first Benz. It has a ton of power and great fuel efficiency. I absolutely love the sunroof; it feels like the whole world is open and you dont have to pay all the extra costs of a true convertible. I wish more of them came to the dealer with programable seats though. Leather is a must being that the cloth looks like it came straight from K mart. The key is fun and functional. My only big complaint is the stereo system. I used to drive a toyota echo, a super cheap car and the stereo system in there was ten times crisper and sweeter than this, and from what I hear the Bose is even worse.

Fun to drive and 30 mpg- no regrets!
By bigbeau on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I waited a year to write this to be sure it would be valid. This car has been a kick! I've got a 2300cc with the 6 speed, and have a blast driving it over the local mountain roads. I average 23 mpg city and over 30 on the highway - I can't imagine having this much fun and getting this mileage as well. It handles and accelerates like a pro (I've got the "wheel" package) and the sunroof is close enough to a convertible for me. It'll be a tough act to follow.

My First Benz
By tsberkey4 on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Unbelievable!!! If you have never owned a Benz before, what a great place to start. A warning, however-- it is a drug from which you will never recover. Meaning-- you will never be able to go back! I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

C230 Sport Coupe
By jeffery f on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Very nice quality. Very good value for the 3 pointed star. Enging smooth and linear and fun to drive. Fit and finish like a 120K Mercedes! Very reliable. Shousld hold it's value nicely.

Fun to drive with some problems
By C230 Sports Sedan on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

As, I read in one of the reviews on this page, I also came across the leaking fluid in my garage on the first day beacuse of the defective seal, now I think I took another appointment with the dealer to check the problem with some noice on the right side front wheel. I never expected like this from Mercedes, I will never ever buy a Mercedes again.

Best Hatchback I've Ever Owned!
By RiceCakeLover on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is my 3rd hatchback and I love it! My first two were a Mazda RX-7 and a Honda Civic, both of which presented consistent problems in the first 6 months and beyond. This Mercedes has been flawless in my first 7 months! The leather/moonroof/bose sound package and the sports package are bargains and well worth it. After test driving both the manual and automatic types, I chose the automatic because the power is more than I'll ever need. I'm actually getting 30 mpg on the highway! The smooth ride is a dream! The interior accommodates large & tall people well. It's also the only Mercedes small enough to fit into my tiny Victorian garage!

C320C
By BMWowner on 05/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

What a great car!!!!!!!!!

Just want to keep on driving
By Canoehead on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I'm not a big fan of long drives. Driving is a chore. Not any more. I just want to keep on driving. I pretty much hate arriving at my destination. I've driven lots of cars and I just can't believe how much better this car is over the Japanese competition. I can't imagine having more power. What is the use? The engine sound is wonderful. The fit and finish is fantastic everywhere. (look under the car!) I've recently been in a top-of-the-line VW Passat and it just does not compare. This is such a fun car to drive and drive and drive.

MB 230 COUPE WITH AUTO
By baddog5309 on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

i have experienced no problems with the Vehicle for the first 5000 miles of ownership combines outstanding performance with great milage and plenty of room inside for a 6.5 footer weighing 240

My LIttle Race Car
By Kittyspen on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I absolutely LOVE this car! It is so much fun to drive and its appearance catches the eye of nearly all who see it. Although small, which I like, it has a lot of room inside. Even tall guys have no problems. LOVE IT!