Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

great car
By bddog

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I've had the car for two years and have had no complaints. Still loving it.

Favorite Features

Looks terrific.

Suggested Improvements

Everything is an option which got a bit pricey. Incorporating standard options (leather, sunroof, cd, seat warmers) in a discounted package would be great.

c230 Kompressor coupe
By apreed3

Simply just a blast!

Favorite Features

Besides the sunroof, The actual power,& upgrade the sound system,then you're in for a treat!

Suggested Improvements

Xenon headlights.

BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED
By FIRST TIMER

CAR IS REALLY WELL BUILT -- NO SQUEAKS, NO RATTLES. THE SEATS ARE VERY COMFORTABLE. WITH A BAD BACK I CAN DRIVE 300+ MILES WITHOUT STOPPING AND STRETCHING, THE INTERIOR DESIGN IS EXCELLENT -- PARTICULARLY THE GRID PATTERN METAL. THE PATTERN METAL LOOKS MUCH MORE SPORTY THAN FAKE WOOD VENEER. THE SHIFTING IS VERY EASY AND QUICK. BOTTOM LINE -- A VERY WELL BUILT, SAFE, AND AGGRESSIVE CAR TO DRIVE.

Favorite Features

THE 6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION. aLSO THE GAS MILEAGE. I GET 37+ MPG IN 6TH GEAR AT 70 MPH. NOT BAD FOR AN AGGRESSIVE SUPERCHARGED 4-CYLINDER ENGINE. THE SAFETY EQUIPMENT IS AN EXCELLENT BENEFIT. REAR ENGINE DRIVE IS ALSO SUPERB AFTER HAVING DRIVEN FRONT ENGINE DRIVE CARS FOR YEARS.

Suggested Improvements

THE DOOR SILL PROTECTION ON INTERIOR SIDE OF DOOR OPENING SHOULD BE STAINLESS STEEL AND NOT THE LIGHT COLORED PLASTIC. THE LIGHT MATERIAL CAN SCUFF TOO EASILY.

A Car With Some Spunk!
By NewBenz Owner

My girlfriend wanted this car based on the pictures she had seen on the web. I talked her into dropping by the local dealership and test driving one. We took it for a spin and fell in love. It felt like we were driving on rails. I am an agressive driver and it will handle some pretty serious turning without loosing traction and the Supercharger helps keep us ahead of traffic. I had an Integra GSR which was almost 700lbs lighter and this stock 230 definately out performs my Acura even with several thousand dollars worth of aftermarket performance upgrades dropped into my Integra.

Favorite Features

Excelent Dry Weather Handeling. Decent Fuel Economy. Quiet Interior. Stock performance upgrades, Supercharger, 17" wheels, Lowered suspension. Decent sounding stereo System. Panorama sunroof is nice too.

Suggested Improvements

I would suggest that Mercedes put standard power front seats, Interior Power door locks. A standard In-dash cd player option and my stereo Reception could be better. Other than that is it a perfect car.

My first Mercedes
By ichan

I actually never really considered purchasing a Mercedes. They just seemed like another overpriced brand name car (such as BMW). After shopping for a new Accord coupe (a comparably equipped one will cost $22K), I decided to check out the C-class coupe since it was in a comparable price range. I love the car after test driving it. It is by far the most fun vehicle I've ever driven that's under $30K.

Favorite Features

Panarama moonroof, interior features such as pop-up cup holder, premium Bose sound system, onboard computer with steering wheel controls, good acceleration

Suggested Improvements

Rear exterior, auto transmission a little sensitive at times