2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Certified pre-owned, what a great car...
By gogomikey01 on 12/03/04 15:59 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a black on in June,certified with just under 25k miles. I drive just over 900 miles/week,almost all highway, rest is 2 lane winding county road. The car is quick and quiet,with a smooth and well contolled ride. I drive aggressively, this car is very responsive. Just had heavy ground frost and icing, 4matic lets me accelerate into traffic with confidence. This is a very sporty car with the utility of a wagon. Drove BMWX3,BMW325Xi, VW 4motion GLS and W8,this was much nicer. Best praise, just bought another one today for my wife,certified '03 with just over 19K since we both like this one so much. Cargo room is small for a wagon, but plenty big when the rear seats are folded down.

what is not to like on a C240
By imburg on 11/27/04 14:08 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

this car has one main drawback and that is the dash control design. In bright sunshine its almost impossible to read the orange lettering on the dash. I have experienced only one problem with this car which walters corrected and that is the computer that detects the braking force also detects other functions. Otherwise it runs faultlessly in city and on the highway.

.............
By Sara G on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car & it handles very well. The CD disc changer in the glove compartment is nice. I also like the 1 touch feature. Although I've had a lot of small things go wrong. They aren't major, just in inconvience to take it to the dealer.

Great Car
By smohamme on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is a superb car with great looks. It handles corners great and has pep.

Almost a 10
By matrixfreak on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

Had the car for over a year. Been a joy to drive. Have enjoyed driving car everyday. A tremendous amount of comfort & safety features for the price. A little weak in the performance department but adaquate. Full power seats should be std. & not a $1200 package upgrade. Also, cupholder is a Rube Goldberg experiment. Feel sorry for the poor soul that paid close to sticker price. I get a tremendous discount by working for Daimlier but was almost insulted by the trade-in value. Plan to keep this car a while!!

C230 Kompressor
By jayjkay on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Multiple little problems with this car. Sunroof losing it's settings, fuel door locking up etc. Fun to drive, great looking. If the minor mechanical issues go away, I would rate higher.

Not worth the money!
By Dean Shari on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

It's $22000.00 car and not $34,000.00!! Very disapointed for what you get for the money, thinking about trading it for BMW.

Newly sold on Mercedes Benz
By Benz Believer on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I drove the Acura TL, G35 and the Honda Accord V6. I really liked the 04 TL overall and the G35 for its performance but neither really turned me on. I was about to settle on the TL when I saw this almost new 230 sports sedan. I immediately fell in love with its looks, handling, fit and finish; everything. Even though my father owned and loved 2 I never considered a Mercedes. I guess I just thought they were out of my price range and no fun to boot. I was wrong, though I bought used, a new 04 or 05 was not priced badly. This car beats the 2 Saab Turbos I owned hands down. I love this car, its performance, the looks...everything!

Simply the best!!!
By John PAO on 08/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C240 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

Lets face it. There is no other small size car with so many features that drives like it. I test drove A4 AWD, G35 AWD, Jaguar AWD. After driving a 94 C280 for 10 years with no problems the C240AWD was the only car able to convince me that it was time for a new car.

Great Ride
By jmoore25 on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is the wife's car but I drive it every chance I get. When looking for this car we drove just about everthing in the two door 25-40K price range and found the C230 to be the best value. We also liked the BMW 330 but could not justify the extra 10K to get the same options as the Mercedes. And for about the same price as the BMW 225 we thought the C230 was just a nicer car. With the 17" tires the suspension is fantastic, soft and quiet at cruising speed yet tight and stiff on country roads. Engine is excellent, does not suck you into your seat like my 01 Stang GT but that is not the goal of this car.