Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

Low Price High Ecomony Benz
By ChazD

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

When selecting a car by price, around 25000, nothing beats a new Mercedes, hands down. You get all the toys, quality, and 40000 maintence free miles along with 26-32 mpg. The car has so many gadgets that it takes 3 hours to read the owners manual and it is packed with precision engineered components. The tap shifter and Supercharger combine to thrill the driver from 0-60. The car wants to go,go,go, and at higher speeds is very stable. Go look at everything in the price range and then drive the Benz. From the 2 moon roofs to the ESP to the unbelievable acceleration, the car is plush.

Favorite Features

Auto wipers, auto headlights, tap shift, supercharger, moon roof, all glass fast back, great 6 cd changer, turn hugging tires and suspension, and fantastic mileage!

Suggested Improvements

There is absolutely nothing that could improve this car! It has it all!

What a Car!
By dagger101

I usually trade cars every year but I may actually keep this one! It drives and handles great. Alot of fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Panoramic Sunroof, Gas Mileage, Price, Supercharged engine

Suggested Improvements

Make the dashboard menus a little less complicated. Ability to use Regular Fuel vs. Premium

BUY A JAPANEESE CAR, NOT MERCEDES
By mrios

I must admit this is by far the worst car I have ever bought. I must add that the Mercedes-Benz customer service depertment in New Jersey is not much better, actually they need to call it "Cusatomer Avoidance". Very poor attention to customer needs. My engine's top end (Head) blew at about 13,000 miles. After extensive research on MY part, I found MB knew anout the issue and sent no service bulletine to the field nor was a recall deployed to get these bad engines back. My car has been in the shop for 68 days now and I still have no date at to getting it back. My suggestion to a possible buyer of a C230, is to go buy a Japaneese car!!!!! I wish I had....

Suggested Improvements

Very poor quaility on both material and workmanship.

This is my toy car
By lunixlack

I have the car (2002 C230 Cope 6MT with the sport pkg and the panorama sunroof) already 18 month and this is my toy car. It makes me younger! With the car suspension I feel that I am driving like on a German autobahn again. The car service on my local dealership is just great. What else do I need?

Favorite Features

I like the car suspension, 6 speed MT, sound of the supercharged engine(an impressive 200 lb-ft of torque between 2500 rpm and 4800 rpm), panorama sunroof, the dashboard, AM/FM/cassette radio, advanced safety features.

Suggested Improvements

Mecedes should make this car as a 5-6 seconds car.

C230 Coupe(OK, It's a hatchback).
By Benzbaby

This is a solid, quiet, fast, sporty, comfy riding, economical, comfortable on long trips, reasonably priced vehicle. The automatic is slower shifting than the manual but is versatile. Brakes are strong & progressive. Lighting systems & controls are sturdy/effective. Very roomy with back seats down. A bit awkward to back up due to lack of clear rear view or side rear views. Tracks well and feels secure and safe. Great car.

Favorite Features

Engine, economy,solidity,good looks.

Suggested Improvements

front bumpers are very low and scrape easily on concrete parking lot stops. Needs better side mirrors to deal with blind spots at rear sides.