2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Best value
By Benson on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C320 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the car 3 days ago and I'm writing the review so it's about the shopping experience. I was looking for ~$30,000 car. I test-drived BMW 325i, Infiniti G35 sedan, Acura TL, Eclipse GTS, MB C230/240 sedan, and C320 sports coupe. The C320 sports coupe gives me best handling (only 325 is close) and very good speed (G35 is faster, but handle sucks). It's the most lux car in the group. I love the panarama sun roof and the sports wheel. So far, it's like a dream come true.

good car
By EBdk on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Car is amall yet powerful, it blows out other car from the line up traffic light easilly.

Fabulous, FUN car!
By Con on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love this car. It has zip and my bike fits in the back...without a rack. It's a great car!

My Baby Got Back
By TMac on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Was pretty sceptical about buying this baby at first, but I just couldn't pass off on owning a benz at such a low-low price.

C Coupe after a year
By The Phoenix on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I waited a year before writing a review. Purchased the C Coupe over BMW 3 and Acura CL. Car came loaded except for navigation system. 18,000 miles later, it is still a lot of fun. Extremely solid for a small car. Performance is wonderfully tight. I love the gas milage (18K per year adds up). The supercharged engine is provides more than sufficient power while saving MPG. The steering wheel controls are very convienient. Plenty of cargo room. I fit 2 patio chairs and a table in the hatch. The Bose stereo is a must. It can handle a Doors CD turned up to an 11. A great coupe for the price point.

What a value
By Zipser on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

ar is extremely fun to drive, and I haven't had one problem with it so far with a little over 3,000 miles so far. You'll definately want to look into the Panorama roof, and leather seats. And the top of the car looks cool, because it looks all glass, which is a nice touch. The leather seats are comfy but not too firm. They're perforated, which adds an extra sporty touch. The steering wheel feels great in your hands, and the buttons on there operate the little info screen in the dash, which has a lot of info to offer at any time. Good head room in the front, but not that great in the back, because it slopes down so much near the rear of the car.

The Enthusiast C320 Coupe Fan
By Laurenxesq on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C320 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2001 BMW 325i & 2002 C230 coupe for the new 2003 C320 coupe in 1/2003. I went in HOI in 1/2003 to check out the new C320 coupe. When I saw the xenon headlight & the 17 in wheel, I fell in love! After test driving the vehicle, I bought the car the next day.

amazing car, completley satisfied
By prodigy1387 on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C320 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

my parents bought the car back in march for my for my 16th bday (driving age in fl is 16) and i'd have to say i'm completely satisfied with it. yeah i'm probably a baby compared to most people on this site, but i still think my input couldn't hurt. the car runs great, i love hearing the engine roar from 4000 to 5000 rpms every so often, and i get lots of looks in it haha. i can definitely tell the difference between the 230 and 320 models, the v6 improves performance like no other - it's a little rocket! i'd recommend it to anyone looking for a great car in this price range - i chose it over the audi a4, lexus IS300, and bmw 325i.

C 230
By Professor Kompressor on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

One of the best parts of owning this car is the dealership it came from. They have amazing customer service. Unfortunately I have had to use it a few more times than I would have liked. There was an electronic glitch that shut off the engine when I turned the wheel too hard. However, it is still GREAT to drive. I love blowing past everyone on the freeway (even the new 8 series BMW I saw the other day).

very unique automobile
By utahsaint on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Hatchback C320 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the car about 7 weeks ago and absolutely love this vehicle. Not many vehicles impress me since I work in the automobile collision industry- but this one does. Sold a Lexus Is300 for this vehicle and I'm glad I did. Don't get me wrong, the lexus has a bit better quality control than the Benz but there is just something about German cars that make them so much more enjoyable to drive. This car feels as if it was chiseled out of stone. Fit and finish is typically German and everywhere I go, people look at me like with wonder, bewilderment and then envy for having such a nice vehicle at the ripe old age of 29.