2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
1st Mercedes
By JMAC on 06/25/05 20:32 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Not another Camry or Accord. More cost effective than BMW or Audi. Very good exterior style - turns heads. I was looking for a Passat, and when I saw the Mercedes and test drove it, I was sold.

The Perfect Used Car
By Elton on 05/16/05 17:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is an off-lease 320 wagon purchased from the MB auction in Atlanta. Although it has 23,000 miles on it, there is NO wear and tear in the interior. Most people who have seen the car think it is new. Since I paid in the low 20's for this vehicle, I feel I've gotten an awful lot of car for the money. I don't understand why MB is not offering the 320 wagon this year-It's much more fun and has a better ride than the 240. It's a great value!

Mercedes C230 Coupe
By ageesey on 04/23/05 22:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

This is a great car, even though that it is the cheapest Mercedes sold. It's a fun car to drive and still has all of the safety features expected from a Mercedes. The leather makes a huge difference over the cloth and gives the car that luxury feel. Panorama sunroof makes the ride enjoyable for rear seat passengers and there is enough room in the back for full sized adults. Overall, an excellent car.

Great ride
By Mark on 04/23/05 13:25 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I have now owned this car for 2 1/2 years and thought an update would be appropriate. I purchased this car in Honolulu but have since moved to the mainland. This car has been from Louisiana to California twice and to Chicago and back once. All three of these trips averaged around 29 MPG, with an average speed nearing 75 MPH! Not bad. The last trip was a 1705 mile trip over two days; I had no back pain with very few stops. This car does have more creaks and rattles than I would like, is very small, and doesn't handle much luggage, but for a work day runner and with the cost of gas today, I still made a fantastic choice.

Interior needs work, the rest is great
By ssilver on 03/07/05 17:56 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I have had my 2003 Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG for a little over six months. I love the engine, it seems to be put together rather well (I haven't had any problems in 4,000 miles), but the interior is awful. The ac/heater/wiper/c.control/pwr seat controls are worse than in the 1990 Nissan that I had. The cup holder is only symbolic, the lack of navigation and an in dash multi disk CD player is absurd at these price levels. If I could have taken my 2001 Saab's interior and put it into this car it would be perfect. Fortunately as soon as you put your foot down the thing takes off!

A great car
By Rob on 02/14/05 23:45 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

The car is an absolute joy to own/drive. Many people who ride in it can't believe that it is "only a V6." I tested this against the M3 and honestly it just came down to the extra 2 doors. You couldn't go wrong with either one.

Great Car
By justice2106 on 02/11/05 18:19 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Don't be put off by the C230's 189hp. It is more than enough. Bi-xenon headlights are a must because the standard headlights are not clear, check some pictures. The car handles well and gets pretty good fuel economy. The standard audio is decent and the front seats are terrific, the back seats are also nice, but don't offer a lot of leg room. The build quality was excellent, I never had any problems. The only thing to be aware of is that the sport tires have to be replaced every 15,000 miles (about $1,000). I recommend the tire rack if you are looking to save money. We just sold ours for a 2005 C230 (pewter).

I will never buy another brand of car
By atclew on 02/02/05 11:34 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After being stationed in Europe and having a chance to drive the 3 major brands of European autos (Audi, BMW, and Mercedes). I was already a bit biased towards Mercedes Benz for the comfort of the ride alone. After purchasing the C320 with the 4-matic and having driven it for awhile now, I am just amazed at how well this car handles and performs. On longer trips, my wife has trouble staying awake because the ride is so smooth, a feat not accomplished in other vehicles we've owned.

My first Mercedes
By animechan on 01/27/05 09:58 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Having driven many Mercedes in past but never owning one until now, I am not disappointed. I bought mine barely used with only 3000 miles on it over 18 months ago and the true market value on Edmunds for Private Party sale is about the same as what I originally paid. Great value for the money. Would considering buying again when the next model comes out. Definitely worth buying compared to comparably priced cars such as Accord V6, Acura RSX, etc.

2003 Mercedes-Benz C320 - Odd butt, but I love it
By Tommy New Wave on 12/19/04 00:34 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned my 2003 Mercedes-Benz C320 for almost two years and 7,000 miles without any no problems. I love it, and my wife has to tear the keys out my hands every couple weeks to borrow it for the day. It still feels new, looks new, and drives like it cost twice the money. If I could only find an AMG motor and brakes to drop into it...