2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Love the Technology
By colby on 07/07/06 20:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

So far great! Love the high tech performance of a world class engine, that is way ahead of its time. This type engine technology is currently being copied by US automakers. This is a real race car engine. British F3 series open wheel cars, which equates too 160mph. They are destroying the other cars that run Hondas. Adaptive performance in a hatchback, is a car that is a phnomenal value in my book.

If Mercedes Benz built a Mustang
By RGrant on 07/06/06 11:31 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

If Mercedes Benz built a Mustang; this would be it. I have had my C320 coupe for almost 3 years and a little over 30K miles. It is one of the rare ones equipped with short throw a six speed manual. (Less than 50 C320s with manuals where imported from Germany). The car continues to make me smile everytime I drive it. The acceleration is impressive, the handling tight and the fuel economy, surprisingly good. There will never be a Mercedes quite like this one in the US again; too bad. I've heard that the C350 version in Europe (278HP) can do 0-60 in 5.4 sec.

Oh, the Electrical Woes.
By Brian F. on 06/09/06 20:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

What a great car to look at! Fun to drive, except when you have to get a loaner when the radio won't work. Or like the time there was a sparking wire making the driver's seat dangerous. Or the time the windshield wipers stopped working. Or the time the left headlamp would not light each time it was switched on. Or the time I had it in the shop when the right headlamp would not light when it switched on (the whole component had to be rebuilt). Other than that, the car is a pleasure to drive. But since it is a glorified Chrysler now, expect it to be in the shop quite often to fix annoying problems. Buy a Benz, see the world in a loaner car!

'03 230k
By dfkies on 05/12/06 10:38 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Bought the C230 a year ago and even though it's my winter/work car still managed to put 15,000 trouble free miles on it. Rear wheel drive got along great in Wisconsin winter as long as there were Blizzacks on all four corners. Have had no problems, get 34mpg hyway, fun to downshift the automatic. Had a BMW 325i before but got tired of seeing myself around every corner so bought the c230. Steering seemed loose at first compaired to BMW but now am getting use to it. Overall OK car.

Great Car!
By Dykemyster on 02/23/06 19:09 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C32 AMG Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

Wolf is sheeps clothing is how I would describe this car. Interior and gas mileage are the only non-perfect things on this car. Interior needs in -dash CD player some of the controls are overly complicated with no apperent reason but the interior is still very nice compared to Acura or BMW. Gas mileage is just a result of being able to go as fast as most Corvettes and the goverened top speed is easily attained. If you have a family and want to have the ultimate car experience and can't afford a Merecedes Benz CLS AMG then this is your car.

I am in love!
By Kaushik Lodh on 12/06/05 17:46 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I am a Principal Engineer at a tier one Automotive supplier. I am also 28 yrs old. I needed a car that would be fun to drive, reflect prestige and above all, perform flawlessly to stand up to the toughest engineering standards. This car does it and more. Its perfect, nothing needs improvement (including the stylish cup holder). It is made in Stuttgart, Germany, excellent fuel economy, and SUPERB performance. Every single day, every single time, I am at a light, I race it against my neighboring vehicle. Till date, NOTHING has been able to beat its acceleration. It handles curves like a ... mercedes! Stability, comfort, elegance, style...! No other car (including the BMW) can satisy like this.

Somewhat disappointing
By kala on 10/29/05 15:05 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I leased it 3 years ago and it was my first MB. Initially it was a fun car to drive. With the Kompressor engine I was zipping around and not spending a lot on gas. But as soon as it started to snow it was terrible. I've driven rear-wheel drives in the snow before, but the torque was too much and I was spinning all over the place. Also, the A/C and heat is so weak, thankfully I had the heated seats. I'm turning it in in 3 weeks and getting a C280 4Matic. Also, the dealer told me MB stopped making the C230 coupes...I wonder why...

Great little car
By dfk on 10/20/05 16:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

Car is fun to drive but corners somewhat soft. The looks are great IMHO and still has the classic MB styling. The 230 is a great little engine with all the power anyone will ever need.

I Love My MB!
By Dawn on 09/27/05 14:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C320 4MATIC AWD 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my MB C320 4Matic for two years now and I just love it. I live in Alaska and endure a lot of miserable winter weather with icy roads, deep snow and -40F. At first, I was concerned that the severe cold would have a negative effect on the performance, however, just the opposite. My car flawlessly handles all of the bad road conditions, provides a graceful, comfortable ride with superb handling. I will never own anything else but a Mercedes. My husband is frustrated that the car requires using Super Unlead Fuel, especially with these high fuel prices, but I think it's worth it. Oh...I love the heated seats, too! It's a very safe vehicle and one I'm proud to be driving!

Economic Magnificence
By Chaz on 08/03/05 12:00 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Rwd 2dr Sports Coupe (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I could not believe that a working man could own a Benz w/5 year, 50K mile all inclusive plan for the same price as a moderate class GM or other American car. The car is flawless, gets 30+ MPG and is a blast when using the tap shifter with the rev limiter. Winding roads are fun. It has that classic Mercedes feel on the road. I have driven it 45K miles and have had it serviced by the dealer. It has cost me nothing except brake pads and I replaced them myself. There's not a shake, rattle or roll in the car. I smile every time I get to drive it.I have owned a new Lincoln, Chrysler, Volkswagon, Chevy's and my Benz beats them all. I bought a twin Benz in 2003 for my wife. Bravo! Mercedes